Our Do-It-Yourself Archives

Uncategorized July 6, 2008
Love a good before and after? Then you are in the right place! This is the continually updated list of DIY projects I have done around the house.

Want to breathe new life into old furniture? I cover it all these four steps!
furniture-refinishing

An assortment of projects and ideas await you here!

Painted Pillows

DIY terrariums

Little Girl’s Princess Party

Fairytale Birthday Invites

holiday gift wrapping

DIY antler art

‘ceramic’ cannisters

Transform an old radio into a chest

Customized Match Boxes

craft paper backed frames

Chalkboard Ikea Table

embroidery hoop art

{please be careful} ladder

Vintage jar hurricanes

Drop cloth tassels

Faux Succulent Arrangement
Custom Library Book Plates
Painting and installing kitchen shelving
Gift Runners
Moss Covered Letters
Fun Faux Aviary
Weathered Baskets
Recycled Bottle Soap Pump
Book Page Tin
Birthday S’mores Treats

1. Cara Moran says on December 22, 2009

I know you go with minimalist funk, and I ADORE your style and new blog decor/menu bar, but…
    I'm wishin for a pic with each link here in your archives.

2. Krystal Wight Armstrong says on February 17, 2010

Wow, sorting through everything to add pics to the topics must have taken so much time. You are awesome and very generous to spend so much effort all for the benefit of your readers :)

3. Unfeigned says on March 21, 2010

Well, you've done it! I am now and have been for a few months been inspired! I am a “Jack of all trades and master of none” kind of girl who loves DIY projects. That said, my paint gun came in the mail and I am now ready to take on a few of my own pieces of furniture. I was considering picking up some pieces, refinishing and selling them as a part time job beginning this summer. I see you have been doing this a while and was wondering if you would share any major considerations or downfalls to the biz that may be helpful to my decision making. THANKS!

4. Shelly says on January 10, 2011

What a great site! Gorgeous pieces! I have a ?… I recently refinished a round, pedestal table (similar to the one above) and polyurethaned the top. Unfortunately, it has an ugly yellowish hue now. Do you use any protective coating for your pieces or do you just use paint? Thanks a ton!!

5. Shelly says on January 10, 2011

6. Cassie {Hi Sugarplum!} says on January 28, 2011

holy smokes..I just spent the better part of the morning digging around your blog!!! Love everything, you have a beautiful home and a talented eye for design!

i'm following along now!