Finally Finished (or at least about 98% done)

Uncategorized December 1, 2008

With the exception of getting the chandelier hung today we are finally done with the nursery! I still have a few little bits and bobs I want to add, but if she decided to make her entrance tomorrow I can finally say we are ready!

I made the doves out of a Martha Stewart wrapping paper that matched the bedding colors perfectly and just used painters tape to put them on the wall.

1. Not Martha says on December 2, 2008

Holly, the nursery turned out amazing! I have been waiting to see your nursery, since I love your style so much and have a serious case of baby fever-you did not disappoint! Wow!!You have a very lucky little kiddo!

2. Mike and McGee says on December 4, 2008

It is beautiful. I love how it turned out! However, as the mother of a two and a half year old, all that white – especially on the chair – makes me cringe… because I don’t think it’s going to be all that white when your baby gets through with it. :( McGee

3. F and G = Baby says on December 4, 2008

LOVE IT!! It looks great! I am definitely doing those paper balls over our baby’s crib as well..I love the way it looks (instead of a mobile) GREAT JOB!!

4. Holly and Sean says on December 4, 2008

Thanks everyone, you definitely made me smile~Mike & Mcgee, it really looks impractical but since every piece comes off and can be washed it is fairly low maintenance. I have 2 pups who love to track through the house with dirty paws and so far I actually find all our white couches, chairs and furniture easier to clean than other colors since I can toss some bleach in with the load of laundry.But then again, maybe I will be kicking myself in two years LOL.

5. Mike and McGee says on December 6, 2008

See Holly, you did the smart thing and bought the white sofa BEFORE having kids! I REALLY want a white slipcovered sofa, but the first time our daughter blew out her diaper all over me, the boppy, and the sofa (who knew so much stuff could come out of such a tiny baby???), my husband shook his head at me and said, “we are NOT getting a white sofa.”So, um, yeah, I don’t think I’ll be getting a white sofa or chair, slipcovered or otherwise, until our kids grow up. :) I hope that yours stays white post-baby because I’d love to be able to show my DH your blog and say, “see – we could do this!” McGee(also mcgee on the nest)

6. Leslie says on June 2, 2009

so pretty, i blogged about it on my style blog < HREF="http://www.aroomsomewhere.net/2009/06/whiteness.html" REL="nofollow">here<>! hope you don’t mind. i’ll adjust the post to link to your blog!

7. joanna says on March 11, 2012

So pretty and tranquil! Where did you get the dream garland? I'm looking for the very same thing for my baby girls room.