Almost There

Uncategorized January 22, 2009

Who could forget our hideous powder room when we first moved in? To say it was horrific was an understatement:

While we are not complete (anyone have any suggestions for a light fixture, mirror and hardware?) we have come a long way from the scary room it was before. And besides some good old fashioned hardwork it was extremely affordable to do!

Tile, mortar, and grout: $220
Tile saw rental: $22
Pedestal sink: $133
Various plumbing tools and parts: $79
New heat vent: $3.30
Baseboards: $8

Total Cost: $465.30
Plus an estimated $350 for a faucet and new towel and toilet paper racks
and $80 for a new light fixture

1. The Long Haul says on January 22, 2009

Awesome job. In the before picture, I seriously thought there was a shower curtain there. I looked at the after picture and thought you took out the shower, until I realized that, no- it was WALLPAPER, not a shower curtain! Huge improvement!! :)

2. ezza says on January 22, 2009

It looks great! Now that wallpaper… thats the stuff you look at and wonder “who buys that?” BTW Wren is gorgeous!

3. Tamstyles says on January 22, 2009

wow…girl i saw that picture of that wallpaper and thought what has she done? LOL..it looks great already though…I didnt know sinks were at such a great price.

4. Pitterbull says on January 22, 2009

that ‘before’ picture is really something! I actually gasped at my computer. The wall looked like it’s coming towards you. It reminds me of those “Magic Eye” posters. looking MUCH better now.

5. N. says on January 22, 2009

It is looking great!Like another said, I thought that was a shower curtain! Yikes!Huge improvement!

6. hopeful #1 says on January 22, 2009

OMG, that bathroom was something else! YOU’VE GOT TO BE KIDDING!?! Who does that thinks that it’s going to look great!?!?! OMG!The update look awesome! Crisp, clean and SOOOOOOOO much better!!! Great work!