Master Bedroom

Uncategorized February 6, 2009

Well, it could still use a little art on the walls and some drapes but our master bedroom is pretty much done! And besides the floors and baseboards it was done for close to nothing. We used various pieces I had in the basement except for the new headboard (total work time was probably about 5 hours and all materials came to $95) and the shelves we are using as side tables (from ikea, 2 sets of brackets for $13 each and one piece of laquered wood we cut in half for $16).
Before:

After:

1. Alyssa says on February 6, 2009

Oooh… it’s like a little slice of heaven! So dreamy. I love it. And I’m sure you’ve got a detailed post coming up about the fab headboard, right ;)

2. Meredith says on February 6, 2009

Love it! This is definitely my dream bedroom if hubby weren’t always covered in mud/dirt/grease from head to toe! Are the floors real hardwood?

3. Emily says on February 6, 2009

Wow, that is stunning! I love the big leaning mirror and the little pleats on the chair. Did you buy it like that?

4. Holly and Sean says on February 6, 2009

Thanks so much everyone!!! To answer a few questions:1. The floors are real hardwood, they are Birch, stained espresso. They were extremely easy to install for anyone thinking of doing it themselves!2. The chair is actually a Home Goods find from a few years back, but I made a slipcover for it last year after I grew tired of the pattern on it. It was an easy fix for a chair I didn’t really like as much anymore.

5. Tamstyles says on February 6, 2009

girl that room is so pretty…just clean, neat, and crisp…all i can see is my son and his basketball and me in tears if that was my room..but anyway…gorg!

6. amberandmikey says on February 6, 2009

Holly – I’m new to your blog and LOVE your style! I’m sure you get a lot of questions about your HW floors, but I’m curious if you’ll share the brand as I have found a million different shades of espresso ranging from light brown to almost black…I love the way yours look! Any help is appreciated! Aloha

7. Holly and Sean says on February 6, 2009

Thanks again everyone! And Welcome Amber and Mikey! The hardwood is made by The Roxston Collection. We got an unbelievable deal on them because the width we bought was discontinued, but they are available in wider planks still according to the manufacturer.

8. NAC says on February 8, 2009

I absolutely love it Holly!!!!! You did a fantastic job, I want you to decorate my house when I get a place of my own :) Love your blog btw!