95% done!

Uncategorized April 7, 2009

We are almost done in the family room! Here is the ever frightful before (this is not even the worst, this picture does not show the horrific wallpaper we spent days removing):

Here I am finishing the last of the millwork this morning (Sean does the floors and I do the trim and millwork)

Almost done, just the lighting and electric outlets are left to do~

Of course we still have a lot of decorating to do, but that is the fun part!

1. Christina says on April 7, 2009

Love what you’ve done so far. The addition to the walls and the dark wood floor is fabulous. Look forward to the decorating part.

2. Freckles Chick says on April 7, 2009

I LOVE what you’ve done to the fireplace, H, esp. the mantel embeliishment! May I ask what tile you used for the surround? Is it marble?And ohhhh my, those gorgeous dark floors are making me breathless!

3. Sa-Sea Boutique says on April 8, 2009

I absolutely LOVE it! I LOVE that fireplace! And I LOVE that couch!!! I am getting the smaller one for my living room….and would LOVE that for the family room!!! Those floors just make it all soo rich! LOVE IT!

4. Holly and Sean says on April 8, 2009

Thanks so much everyone!!! The tile around the fireplace is carrera marble mosiac and on the bottom it is carrera marble subway tiles and the drapes are from Ikea (I believe they are only $20 per panel, so only $80 to do both windows!!!).We are just excited to have a new hangout and finally get to use this room.

5. Mrs. 5C says on April 8, 2009

GORGEOUS! I love that you pull off the white-on-white look so effortlessly. And those floors! So beautiful!! :)

6. NIKKISS08 says on April 8, 2009

LOVE the mill work. The previous owners of our house (poorly) added bead board to a few room and I’m dying to replace it will nicer woodwork.

7. hopeful #1 says on April 8, 2009

The transformation is awesome! It doesn’t even look like the same room and actually looks bigger now with the dark floors and white furntiure! I absolutely love it!Decorating is the best part now that the hard work is done! You always do such an amazing job with your projects! :)What a relief to have it done… almost! :)

8. Suzie says on April 8, 2009

Gorgeous. I adore the dark floors with all the white furniture! And, the billowy white drapes make the room so soft and warm!

9. Kristin says on May 15, 2009

Amazing! I love it. White is by far my favorite color for decorating and I am just blown away by this. It looks so cozy!