Step 2: shelf installed!

Uncategorized May 28, 2009

This morning we are off to pick a paint color for all the cabinets so I will hopefully get started on all that today. Even though the backsplash tiles are not something I would have picked they really are not all that bad, and could definitely be worse! So we are going to go with a creamy color, similar to my mixer, that will coordinate pretty well.
Oh yeah, and Sean is going to put a new outlet where that yellow one is so it isn’t quite so conspicuous (formerly the microwave plug in).

1. Mrs_Faz says on May 28, 2009

Looking good!! I totally want to do this in my kitchen, but hubby would not go for it! I can’t wait!!

2. Holly and Sean says on May 28, 2009

Thanks everyone! Jill, the shelf is from Ikea~ You pick the color of the shelf and buy the brackets seperetely, all in it only cost about $26.

3. bagfashionista says on May 28, 2009

holy cow, holly, you are amazing…it took us over a month to finally finish the new corner with cabinets and open shelving and you’re done in a day!!

4. Rachel says on May 28, 2009

Ooh, I love this already! I can’t wait to see the rest! Ok, and this is a random question from on of your posts long ago. The three frames in your living room are from Ikea… what size did you get? I’m wanting to do something similar and this seems like a reasonably priced way to go!

5. NIKKISS08 says on May 28, 2009

Ummm, am I the only one who scrolled down looking for an “after” picture thinking that the 1st picture was inspiration out of a magazine?

Great job as always! Definitely keep us updated on what color you pick for the cabinets, as that project is on my to-do list for the summer .

6. Holly and Sean says on May 28, 2009

Thanks again everyone! I picked a gorgeous buttery cream from Behr and am about to start!

Rachel, I believe they are 14 or 16inches square, but they are they only square ones they sell!

7. Izabella says on May 29, 2009

Ahh the IKEA shelf. When I was looking at their shelves, it was this same one that I liked the most. Looks great.