Almost done!

Uncategorized May 30, 2009

This was the kitchen on the day of our home inspection (we can hardly believe that was already 9 months ago!)

Here is out kitchen today!! This was only about 6 or 7 hours of work, and will definitely hold us over until the big reno. The pictures came out a little more yellow than the true color because I took these pictures around 7 am with the rising sun shining directly in, so I will try and re-update with color corrected pics later this weekend.

We FINALLY took the plastic off the dishwasher! (although that made for easy painting LOL). This is pretty much our kitchen pride and joy since it is the only fancy appliance we have bought for our “future” kitchen.

Now we are off to the street fair!

1. Kimberly says on May 30, 2009

Have you considered trying the stuff that comes in a roll and looks exactly like stainless steel? Actually, I think it is stainless. That might really update the stove. You’ve done great and it looks completely different.

2. Catherine says on May 31, 2009

Looks great! Would love to know how you dealt with the countertops- did you just paint them or replace them?

3. MrsKBJ says on May 31, 2009

Holly you and your husband did such a wonderful job! Those after pictures look like they belong in a decor magazine!! BEAUTIFUL!!!

4. Holly and Sean says on May 31, 2009

Thanks so much everyone!! Darlene, I was thinking about it, but I only want to have stuff I regularly use otherwise it gets dusty. I may have to convice the hubby LOL.

As for the counters, this is weird, but the edge of the laminate was finished with wood (see before photos). So I had to paint that part otherwise it would still be wood. The surface is still the same (unpainted) laminate.

5. dr says on May 31, 2009

I love it! I really do love the white…but I’m so looking forward to painting my cabinets – black! Oh yeah – I sorta need a house first! LOL

Donna

6. Amber says on May 31, 2009

It doesn’t even look like the same room! It’s so bright and airy now! Love it you guys!!

7. EAC says on May 31, 2009

Will you do a cabinet painting tutorial? It looks professional! I noticed a sprayer in one of the photos. Do you guys prefer that over a mini foam roller?

Thanks for any input!

8. klw21 says on June 2, 2009

Hey Holly! Your kitchen looks amazing, but I was wondering if you sprayed the entire thing, or just the doors and then painted the outside of the cabinets by hand? My hubby and I are planning on tackling our kitchen cabinets soon and are debating on what would be the best overall way to paint them. Did you just tape everything off or what?

9. Kristin says on June 2, 2009

Wow! applause applause applause!!
    It looks fantastic… that open shelf with the stacked cake stands and big white bowl. I want to copy it!!

10. Melissa says on June 3, 2009

Amazing transformation. Looks like you had your work cut out for you, but your transformations and design is beautiful.

11. Nancy E. J. says on June 3, 2009

It looks fabulous!

I painted our cabinets recently and it made such a difference! Doesn't it just completely brighten up your kitchen!

Great job!

12. Megan Lee says on June 4, 2009

Wow, what a transformation! I did't even realize it was the same kitchen until I continued reading! I love it!

13. Lauren says on July 1, 2009

I have a question for you. Before painting what did you do to prepare the cabinets? Just sand? the reason I am asking is I painted some oak cabinets white and within a year the paint started chipping off.

14. Rebecca says on July 13, 2009

Your kitchen looks stunning!!! Going to paint out my hiddeous oak cabinets too! I was wondering if you plan on making that cool hood vent over your stove like you did in your first home?

15. val says on July 27, 2009

wow! can you share your secrets? i want to paint my oak cabinets white. did you just paint them or are they new cabinets? PLEASE share.
    val.bateman @ gmail.com

16. Mark says on April 4, 2011

I love what you have completed! Wonderful work generating your own doors.The colour will be wonderful in your kitchen.It is a long technique, painting kitchen cab's.
    Kitchen