Fire Pit to Fire Pretty

Uncategorized June 20, 2009

Yesterday I almost finished the fireplace (finally!). I only had the marble pencil edge to install, and the brass grating to spray black. I had the can of high temperature spray paint sitting in the garage for close to a month so I figured it was about time. I managed to get everything done except the grout on the edging which is actually my favorite part so I have that to look forward to next week.
For any new readers out there, here is what we started with:

Here is was after much hard work, but yet to be painted:

And here it is today (I FINALLY put my beloved silver poufs in here!):

Since Sean’s work schedule is a little different than most we are actually starting our weekend today and are off to the cabin until Tuesday where we will be celebrating the first days of Summer, Sean’s 25th birthday as well as his first Father’s Day!

We hope everyone out there kicks their feet up and enjoys their weekend as well~

1. Joi says on June 20, 2009

Your makeover of this room is so perfect. I love the tiling, wainscoting, dark wood floors, and the wall color.

And, your little Wren is too cute, also!

2. Jesse says on June 21, 2009

The tile is D-vine! The whole redo is great! Hope you guys have a wonderful Father's day weekend!

3. Tina says on June 21, 2009

Gorgeous room! You should burn driftwood in the fireplace on special occasions. Such pretty colors! =) And Wren is adorable. She's such a pretty baby.

4. MrsKBJ says on June 21, 2009

Love the new fireplace! Wren is too cute!! Enjoy your weekend! Happy First Father's Day to your husband!!

5. Erin says on June 22, 2009

Wow, such an awesome transformation! The final touches are perfect! And Wren is getting so big, she is beautiful!

6. Katherine says on June 22, 2009

I have the same ugly brass fittings on my fireplace and have been wondering about that paint. Now I can see just how nice it really looks (it's hard to tell on shows likee Trading Spaces). Thanks!

7. Kelsey says on June 22, 2009

Looking absolutely wonderful! Love that photo of Wren in the weathered chair, too.

By the way–my feed doesn't show updates from your blog anymore. Is anyone else having this problem?

8. Ani says on June 22, 2009

I love Wrens little smile! Gotta love the tongue!! :-)
    I knew you guys looked so young :-)

9. 'Dee says on June 23, 2009

That is a great transformation – I love it! PS – little Wren is getting so BIG! Awww, cutie pie.

10. Roeshel says on June 24, 2009

Just catching up on yours posts! You've been busy! Love the frames and your fireplace is amazing! Wren is such a doll! :)

11. cCe says on June 24, 2009

I have a brick fireplace which is so ugly I feel it screams at me every time I look at it. I want to rip all the brick off and stone veneer it. But the box is a good 2 feet off the ground. (the hearth is at seat height) So if I take out all brick the box will be floating 2 feet off the ground. Is this okay? What do you recommend?

Oh I am nervous about leaving the hearth for my future children foreheads!

Does any of this even make sense? ha ha!