Library Hutch: Take 2

WhiteBerry Reinvented August 14, 2009

I have had such an overwhelming response to my original library inspired hutch and since it is about to go to a new home I thought I would do a similar makeover on a slightly smaller dresser. This dresser is a little more of a cream color, and the handles are different but still have that “library-flair”, so it is still unique and definitely one of a kind!
I found this vintage steel basket ($5.99) and these 2 milk glass compotes ($2.99 each) at a thrift store recently and they are pretty much my favorite things right now!

Hopefully I will have a little more blogging time again soon, I know I have not been the model blogger! Thanks so much to all my blog-friends for all your support and enthusiasm with all my projects these days, I really appreciate all your comments and suggestions!

1. lisa says on August 15, 2009

Stunning once again…next time I see a not so pretty dresser, I really need to see the possibilities and think to myself “WWHD?” (what would Holly do?)

2. Holly and Sean says on August 15, 2009

Thanks everyone! Ohhh trust me, I hit a lot of thrift stores each week and the good stuff is very far and few in between!

Steph, I paint the shelves and insides of cupboards, but not drawers. That would be a LOT of work!

3. Holly and Sean says on August 15, 2009

Oh sorry I missed you Suzy!
    The bud branches in the vase are from some type of cherry tree. Wish I knew more, I am definitely not a green thumb.

4. Linda/"Mom" says on August 15, 2009

* It's so fun to see what you did here!!! Wish I'd done things like that when I was younger~~~ it's wonderful, clean & fresh, and has SOOOOO MUCH PERSONALITY & CHARM! How proud you can be to say “I did it myself!”~~~ DELIGHTFUL!!!

Blessings,
    Linda in AZ *

5. Jess says on August 15, 2009

I have to admit, I am quite jealous of anyone who lives near you and can buy your work! I love this piece! I want it and actually have the perfect spot for it in my home…aaaahhhhh!

6. Sarah says on August 15, 2009

Oh wow! I am so impressed with your work! And I always love the hardware you use. Are you finding it at big box home improvement stores? Where oh where?

7. lambie-pie says on August 16, 2009

It kind of makes me sad that you're selling a lot of your pieces because they look so pretty in your house. I think you should keep the dining room set and hutch for sure. And your coffee table.

8. Rebecca says on August 16, 2009

love it! i wish i lived close so i could get some of your great pieces! Oh – i noticed you said you get your hardware at a website (forgot the name of it..but have it bookmarked!) just wanted to know what cup pulls do you use? are the from the site? Im refinishing a dresser of mine and would love to use them!

9. hopeful #1 says on August 17, 2009

Holly, do you ever do anything that doesn't look absolutely stunning!?!? You have such a great nack for this stuff! I love watching/reading about the transformations!

10. Kristin says on August 17, 2009

I think you're doing a great job keeping on top of the blog among all of the other things you've got going on. No worries!

Isn't milk glass the best? I {heart} it.

11. Holly and Sean says on August 17, 2009

Thanks again everyone! I have a backlog of items I need to blog about, but at least I am getting them done, right???

Oh, and the clock is from Home Outfitters, but I *think* it may only be a Canadian store.

12. Sami says on August 18, 2009

Holly –

What a wonderful eye you have — and your home is completely fabulous.

It amazes me how much you are able to do, and I really appreciate the how-to's. It demystifies and makes accessible a whole world of decorating that I always assumed was closed to me. I can only hope your family enjoys your home as half as much as we do!

13. Angie says on August 24, 2009

I have the same dresser in my garage only mine has the mirror as well. I love what you did with yours. I am taking the top two drawers out putting in a shelf and adding baskets. It just bothered me that I couldn't put the hardware in the middle of the drawer. I love yours very cute!!

14. Marie says on August 26, 2009

Hello Holly – can I come and live with you for a while? I just want to stand around and stare at all your fabulous make-overs that I've been drooling over the last few months! You are so good at seeing “what could be” in a piece of junk. Really, I won't be a bother. You will hardly know I'm there.

Blessings,