8 Months Old

Uncategorized August 20, 2009

It is getting harder and harder to get clear pictures of Wren because she is always on the go! (and I prefer not to use flash). Yesterday she turned 8 months old. She weighs in at 16 pounds (a far cry from the 4 pound, 9 ounces she weighed when we brought her home!) and while she may be small, she sure thinks she is a big girl! She crawls, stands, LOVES to walk and of course her favorite toys are not toys at all, they are dogs. She finally has some hair, and while it is really getting longer it is still soooo fine that you can barely make it out in pictures and I think it may even be a little red!

If you have not seen baby ruffles around you have to take a look! They are like baby legs, but are ruffled for girls and go over their feet too, which I really like. Oh yeah, and they come in the most elusive baby clothing color: black!

1. pcubed says on August 20, 2009

Oooh! Oooh!! Where did you find your baby ruffles?! I use the baby legs for my DD & love them… but to have feet on them would be even better!

Wren is too cute for words!! Congratulations on such a healthy & adorable daughter!

2. lisa says on August 20, 2009

So cute!
    A year ago while attending a baby and mommy class, the teacher commented on how she had never seen a child wear so much black…referring to my daughter.

3. Love Being a Nonny says on August 20, 2009

She is precious…and I LOVE her name!

I was reading back through your entries and wondered, did you ever show the AFTER pictures of the bathroom redo you were beginning right before you went into early labor with Wren?

4. Jess says on August 20, 2009

She is such a CUTIE! It's funny, I hit 36 weeks today, and remember reading on your blog that you had her at 35 weeks. ;0) She has grown so much, and I need some of those baby ruffles!

5. Rebecca says on August 20, 2009

Oh those ruffles are so cute! I was gap today and they have a whole new line of black, white and grey for baby girls.

6. Courtney says on August 20, 2009

she is adorable and reminds me very much of my 2 1/2 year old. she was a mover and shaker at 4 months old and never stopped since but they are lots of fun.

the ruffles are adorable!!

7. MrsKBJ says on August 21, 2009

Yay!! I love pictures of your furniture, but Wren is the cutest!The baby ruffles are almost as cute as Wren!! :O)

8. Tamstyles says on August 21, 2009

beauty as always…do you plan on piercing her ears? we had my daughters done when she was 7 weeks…i cried more than she did…as she was sleep.

9. julie says on August 21, 2009

hey holly! by golly! what a cutie! i just want to pinch those cheeks! love that crib! my little girl had the same crib however, we just replaced it with a big girl bed! boohoo! i will be posting on that one soon! it does go so fast! thank goodness for pictures! enjoy!

10. Taryn says on August 21, 2009

She is getting so big! I cannot believe how much you have gotten done in the last 8 months. You are amazing.

11. bagfashionista says on August 21, 2009

Oh my! I can't believe how big she's getting!!!! Isn't it so much different now that she's on the move??!

I wonder if Isabel will be able to wear the ruffles? I have some baby legs for her, but she can't wear them…her thighs are too chunky!!!! (and i'm afraid it'll cut off circulation or something)

12. Erin says on August 21, 2009

I can't get over how cute she is!! And her nursery too! :) I can definitely see a bit of strawberry blond in her hair coming in!

13. Melanie says on August 21, 2009

Holly, She's so beautiful. ;-) I love the ruffles! Never seen those before. I like them more than the babylegs.

14. Heather {J} says on August 21, 2009

What a cutie she is! I'm loving her name. My Olivia will turn 8 months next week so our little ones are about a week apart. I know what you mean about not being able to get a good picture! I love your blog and your new creative endevour!

15. Harper's Mom says on August 21, 2009

love these photos- she is too cute! mine is just now 8 months too and she is doing the exact same thing (pulling herself up!) it is so crazy how fast they change!

16. AniDoll says on August 24, 2009

Can't believe I've been following your blog for so long! Shes such a beautiful little girl! You two have been truly blessed with a little doll!

I know I don't know you and the hubby at all, but dare I say she looks A LOT like him in that 2nd picture!