High-ho Captain!

WhiteBerry Reinvented August 31, 2009

We picked this captain’s bench last night and immediately I was in love! (Sean was not quite as smitten). It has that perfect “Martha” quality, so I was drawn to a dark grey from the get go. I have it at the front door, but it’s new home is actually going to be in the dining room once I move a few things around and share that dining set I did last week~

My pillows from Katie at Sa-Sea Boutique look good on everything, but they really seem at home on the bench!

Edited to add:
Hehe these pictures are in full color, I just love shades of white, grey and black. Looking at them I can definitely see why you would have thought they were in grey-scale.

1. Krystal Wight Armstrong says on September 1, 2009

Kinda funny, for a moment I couldn't tell if the after pics were black & white/greyscale or not…but I think I figured out based on the shadow underneath that they're actually color photos(?). Pretty neat how parts of your house can do that effect.

Anyway, that bench does look great in that color with the pillows. You seem to know just the right ways to reinvent! The dark grey looks perfect.

Happy Day! :)

2. Jill says on September 1, 2009

Wow, I love it! The rug is beautiful, too. It goes so well together! Now, if only I lived closer, so I could shop!

3. Suzy says on September 1, 2009

Omg, I just saw his post after seeing the bench with the dining table.

You have to keep it under the photo frames, it looks like the ideal setting. Perfect!

4. Sarah says on September 1, 2009

Holly strikes again!!!!! Gorgeous color…and it does look really at home under the trio of frames….I want those pillows:)

5. Holly and Sean says on September 1, 2009

Thanks so much everyone!! The rug is actually from Urban Outfitters. I found it on Friday in a pile of clothes and no price so the manager said I could have it for $10. So definitely check your store, it is probably on sale~

6. SusanG says on September 1, 2009

Love this! After I saw these cushions in an earlier post, I ran to her site and ordered some for my house. I love them, and I also keep finding new places for them!

Susan

7. Sarah says on September 1, 2009

Oh my, I love this bench! You do such good work choosing colors and pieces. Wish I could find something like that for my entryway.

8. Kristin says on September 8, 2009

I love that bench and the rug! I don't think I could sell that one if I were you… it just looks too great to part with!