LARGE and in charge

WhiteBerry Reinvented September 17, 2009

I want to dedicate this post to Misty (Hello)! She is an absolutely lovely reader and recently she, along with her husband, made a 2 hour drive to pick up my Library Hutch. She emailed me before hand to show me this amazing china cabinet that she had no room for and I was soooo delighted to finally meet it in person when she dropped it off! Isn’t it cool???

Welcome to my fancy-schmancy indoor painting zone:

This guy was HUGE! I am talking 2 hours of straight painting. Definitely a record for me!
The details are so stunning in person, and the beadboard backing is unbelievable!
The bottom portion of the cabinet felt a little low so we added a little more substance by building it up on 2 inches of wood.

I think it is definitely my favorite piece of furniture yet!!

1. hopeful #1 says on September 18, 2009

I agree with you on the 2″ raise on those legs. It did seem a little low and you can't even tell you added it! What a great piece for sure! How do you decide what to sell and what to keep? I mean you have to come across tons of things that YOU want to keep, right?

2. Suzy says on September 18, 2009

Holly, that's a fabulous transformation! The detailing is really nice, you did a great job & I love the greenery you added!

3. Krystal Wight Armstrong says on September 18, 2009

Is it hard to work with things like glass window panels? Do you find a way to take them out completely and secure them back afterwards, or do you just do an excellent job with painter's tape and maybe some plastic sheetings?
    Really curious/

Oh, and it's just so pretty! :)

4. mrsatch says on September 18, 2009

That is amazing!! My father has always been in junk/antiques. Now that I have a real inspiration to appreciate it, why doesn't he have anything available for me!? Ugh…the search continues…

5. Timi says on September 18, 2009

That is truly an amazing transformation! Makes me want to run right out and find something to paint. Excellent job!

6. Rachel says on September 18, 2009

I love it and want it for my kitchen! BUT I live in TX!!! Whoever gets that is one lucky person – you do such amazing work!

7. Leslie says on September 18, 2009

oh my, that is drool worthy. I found your blog the other day, and read and read and read… so so great.

we have painted peices before, but… never looking so sgreat..

so we have already picked up a sprayer of craigslist, and a free peice…

we move into our new home next week, and I couldn't be more excited to furnish it…

but really this peice, TAKES THE CAKE.. its beyond lovely.

8. allbowerpower says on September 18, 2009

Love it – and let me just say that I am totally jealous of your indoor painting area. I am seriously thinking about how I can convince my boytoy to make me one of my own. Somehow I think that saying “but Holly has one!!!” won't be the ammo I need :)

9. Aimee says on September 20, 2009

Beautiful!!!! Would love to know if you made that contaption to paint indoors if it's something I can pick up locally? No outside space for me to spray paint in. :(

10. Cheryl says on September 24, 2009

I'm needing a tissue to wipe the tears away… *sob-sob* I would have passed up that ugly duckling.. boy-oh-boy what a transformation!!

11. Gina says on September 24, 2009

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this piece!! The styling of it is simply beautiful. I wish I had room to put all this refinished furniture in my home :)

I'll have you know that because of your chalkboard cabinet post that I found a super deal by me locally for a stash of cabinet doors that I plan on going crazy with. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

12. Elizabeth (blue clear sky) says on September 26, 2009

That is so beautiful. You have great vision to be able to take such a dated piece and breathe new life into it. Love the details~~I bet she would want it back for sure if she had the room. I sure would.

13. mintzfamily says on March 11, 2012

Love it!!! Been searching for the perfect hutch forever it seems. What an inspiration! Can u come do this for me???? Maybe one of these days!