New Slipcovers and Dining Room Set

WhiteBerry Reinvented October 9, 2009

Remember these $20 craigslist chairs?

Well I finally got my new custom made slipcovers today and I am pretty much floating on air with excitement!!! I found a WONDERFUL local seamstress who surpassed even my high expectations. She is so awesome that I am already trying to decide which chairs will be next to be slipcovered or reupholstered, not to mention that I have shared her info with all my friends and family who are also excited to start sending things her way. Maybe I should have waited a little longer before sharing her because now I am afraid she will be too high in demand to work with me again LOL. She is that fantastic! (Hi Kim!).

I still have to steam them, but I just couldn’t wait to share!!!

I just love all the details on this table. They are just so sweet and charming.

I found this teacup saucer at the Salvation Army last week and I immediately fell in love~ The pattern and colors are just so inspiring to me so I have been hunting on ebay for more of them. I have no idea what I will do with them, but I am sure I will think of something.

I hope that everyone has a great weekend, and a Happy Thanksgiving long weekend to all my fellow Canadians!

1. Jess says on October 10, 2009

Your chairs are now perfection! :) And your table looks like perfection to me as well…

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving! I can't wait for our Thanksgiving here!

2. Beachbrights says on October 10, 2009

Wow, Wow, Wow. I would be so honored if you would let me blog about all these beautiful changes (with lots of link-back love).

You are amazing.

XOXO-

3. ~ RM says on October 10, 2009

Those slipcovers are beautiful!
    Also- what kind of paint do you use? oil? Just wondering… I'm afraid to paint a table and then find out later on when it's in use plates and mats are sticking to or marring the finish… Can you share your secret? :)

4. Vintage Junky says on October 10, 2009

Okay that is absolutely fabulous!! I am pretty pleased with our dining room. then I saw this and I am wanting every bit of it. I love the slipcovers you used on your wingbacks!

Completely smitten!
    Michelle

5. ~Amy~ says on October 10, 2009

Love the white slipcovers! I too am hunting for a local seamstress for a couple covers for my wingbacks…. I currently have covered in beige but am dyeing for white and cant find them anywhere. Wish me luck.

6. ♥Amber Filkins♥ says on October 10, 2009

Oh, I seriously love every single thing in these pictures. Your style is the best. I've been trying to figure out whether to paint my dining room table black or white, and now I think I'm sold on white. What do you put over the paint to help with wear & tear?

7. Rebecca says on October 10, 2009

Those slipcovers turned out beautifully!!! I can't wait to see what Kim can do for my torn up chairs!!! Your new dining set makeover is stunning! I love all the detailing and distressing! I think we should have a tea party:D

8. Dee says on October 11, 2009

Oh you should have kept your seamstress a secret for just a little while! I love the slipcovers, but the chairs underneath weren't that bad. Kind of cute in the pix! Love your styling and light in the dining room.

9. tiffany says on October 11, 2009

I love to stop by here and by inspired. Every post makes me excited to go start a project! Thanks for sharing your beautiful designs!

10. Lisa says on October 11, 2009

I JUST discovered your blog- like literally, I found it just seconds ago. However, you instantly won me over with all of these great pictures. I love the slipcovers that you made, and stunning the white-on-white color palette. Yet, most of all, I love that there is a Pekingese peering out of the corner in the top photo. Growing up, every family dog that we ever had was a Pekingese. It’s always fun to come across another Pekingese lover.

11. Anita says on October 11, 2009

These are very awesome…I am in the middle of a dining room redo too…with different chair styles, but doing the skipcovers myself so I totally appreciate the work she did…WOO HOO! Hope mine turn out this great :)

12. Katie says on October 12, 2009

What a lovely dining room!

I love the contrast of the white with the dark floors and crystals, it is just beautiful.

13. Cindy says on October 13, 2009

Your slipcovers are so beautiful! Your diningroom looks gorgeous with the dark floors, light furniture and your touches of turquoise. Really nice! Hugs, Cindy S.

14. Jen Kesler says on October 13, 2009

Beautiful work…your pieces are fantastic. My maiden name is Berry. I think the title “White Berry Reinvented” is darling!!! I am a firm believer that we all have many talents and you have defnitely found one of yours!!

15. Emily says on October 15, 2009

I love how you keep adding elements to this room that make it even more fantastic each time…keeps me wondering what else is she going to do to this room? Can't go wrong with anything you do, you've got a gift chica!

16. erin says on October 18, 2009

I am so jealous of your slipcovers! I have two chairs I want done and I can't find anyone in my area that does them. I have asked all around and looked on Craigslist. Your chairs look fabulous!

17. Kay* says on October 20, 2009

fab! i have a new obsession with wing chairs and have my eye on a pair too – with the intent to have them reupholstered in a fun print :)