Possible New Year’s Outfit?

Uncategorized December 29, 2009

I have no idea how, but I managed to score the Juicy Couture ‘Locke’ riding boots this weekend (I know that the amazing Brittany of It’s exhausting being this Juicy will be proud!). I have been drooling over them for a few months now, but not only have they been sold out but a little hard to justify the price. When I stumbled across a pair that just so happened to be in my size and on sale I nearly went gaga. So they are the center of my New Year’s outfit plans. Now I just have to decide to wear them with!

I really like the mixture of riding boots and really girly tops or dresses so that is my general direction.

And since I spent up a holiday gift card to score the boots the rest of the outfit needs to stay on budget.

I really like the following items, all for less than $35 at Forever21.
Which one is your favorite?

I tend to find that you really need to see forever21 items in-store to get a good feel for whether they will flatter your or look cheap so I think a trip to the mall (ughhh!) will have to happen tomorrow or Wednesday…
What are you wearing for the big countdown?

1. Amanda says on December 29, 2009

Um I think it's an easy decision… purple dress with the big bow! With those boots? Wow. And that bold color on you? Gorgeous.

I too, happen to have a very girly, off-the-shoulder, ruffled dress I intend to wear with flat suede slouchy boots for New Year's. Love that look.

I'm headed to the mall tomorrow… Forever 21 has now been added to my list of stores to browse.

2. Jen says on December 29, 2009

Ohhhh! You are the cutest thing ever. I celebrated my 40th birthday on the 22nd. Love that you are on the 23rd. It's a terrible time to have a birthday! But it's wonderful too. You would look darling in any of these outfits youngin'! I am going to be sporting a headlamp, snowpants and a really great attitude. We are sledding on New Year's Eve with our babes. Happy Birthday cute, young girl! And, Happy New Year! Enjoy that beautiful baby girl! She'll be 11 before you know it.

3. Katie Bug says on December 29, 2009

I prefer the first top. My NYE dress came from Forever 21, too. It was actually the first item I've ever purchased from that store.

4. Amber says on December 29, 2009

wow those boots rock!! I agree I love the bow and color of the last one. But I could totally see you in the 2nd one as well! Congrats on you bed frame tutorial on the lettered cottage! =)

5. amandanbo says on December 29, 2009

my vote is for the second one…i think it would look perfect…you could wear it with leggins, skinny jeans, whatever! and those boots….drooolllll!

6. aLena says on December 29, 2009

I really Love the last 2 looks … especially the purple dress … sooo pretty and flowy!

btw those boots are GORGEOUS … sooo lucky!

7. Jen says on December 29, 2009

the last dress is definitely my fave. it is very elegant buuut i'd have to be sporting some leggings or at least tights with that little number, i'm short but i still don't think that dress would hit me at even mid-thigh.

and i TOTALLY agree about having to see forever 21 clothes in person, and even try them on. i was obsessing over this precious dress and thank goodness i went to the store instead of impulse buying online, i looked like an umpa-lumpa in it!

good luck & happy shopping! i hear that lots of stores are having post-christmas sales right now!

8. Mary says on December 29, 2009

Ok, everyone seems to love the purple one, so I just have to be different and say #2. I love that one and think it would drape fabulously on you. LOVE THE BOOTS. I am soooo jealous! ;o) ~mary~

9. 6HartsforHim says on December 29, 2009

The last one,for sure.I just went to Chicago and the forever 21 is two floors,and it's simply amazing!Oh,and the riding boots…AMAZING!!!Happy new years!

10. Annie says on December 29, 2009

I love the 2nd one, but they are all super cute! We're staying home in our PJs watching movies with our kids. We leave early for Nashville on the 1st to celebrate my husbands 30th birthday! We want to be fresh & rested for our weekend away from the kids! Have fun :)

11. Holly and Sean says on December 29, 2009

Thanks for all the input everyone!!!
    If I go with the dress you are right, I need tights or jean with it. Mainly because it is going to be FREEZING here!

Fields of Linen, I found them on clearance for $222 and then they took an extra 25% off. So I was really happy with that! I get so much use out of my boots that I can justify $200 or so~

12. Bridget says on December 29, 2009

I'm having just a smidge of boot envy! Those are amazing!! I'm loving the 1st top with the sequins!! I love sequins for NYE!!

I'm heading to Forever for my NYE outfit as well, not sure what it will be yet, but I'm almost sure it will be sparkly!

13. MrsKBJ says on December 29, 2009

LOVE the boots! Great buy! As for the tops/dress I think my favorite is the 2nd one. You can wear that with jeans and flats too.

Can't wait to see your new years outfit and how you rock the boots!

xo,
    Kelly

14. allbowerpower says on December 29, 2009

ooohhh…I love that last dress. If only it came in maternity! and with cellulite reduction or a seaweed wrap…
    I am sure you would look fabulous in anything though…you have the body to pull off a paper bag :)

XO -kb

15. Primitive & Proper says on December 29, 2009

i definitely think the last dress is the best pick. i would pair it with some black leggings, the boots, and then some sparkly feminine earrings and bracelet. no need for necklace since it looks like the neckline is pretty high. you are going to look gorgeous as usual!

16. DustyLu says on December 30, 2009

Those are the boots of boots! Must haves for the season. Great snag! Beautiful with skinny jeans and any one of those gorgeous tops! Lulu

17. Brittany Michelle Ragsdale says on December 30, 2009

You will love these boots Holly!!! Thanks for the shoutout! ;-)
    Please post pics when you wear them! I like them with the first top and the purple dress, but you will look fab so matter how you style them!! Can't wait to see pics, and as always I daily stalk your blog!!
    Love, Brit!

18. Krystal Wight Armstrong says on December 31, 2009

I think you'd really make the last 2 look amazing, but I but you'd be just stunning how ever you chose to wear & accessorize the second one! I bet you'll do something enviabley cool with your hair too! You'll have to show us what you come up with.

Hope your New Year is even more awesome than those before!