Ye Olde Country Dresser

WhiteBerry Reinvented December 30, 2009

Due to all the Holiday crazyness and finishing up client orders it feels like it has been ages since I have shared much WhiteBerry with you! Yet again my memory failed me when it came time to start work on this guy a few weeks back and so I lack the photographic evidence as to the unbelievable original condition.

When a dresser is as beat up as this one was you really don’t have the luxury of just doing a nice, crisp coat of paint so I went with the usual distressing. But even after that was done I just didn’t think it felt believable, so I whipped up a brown glaze to get into all the nooks and crannies and dents and dings. Immediately I knew that it was the right call and that she was ready to come in~

I don’t like going too crazy with the glaze so it is pretty subtle in areas, but it does give the dresser a little added character along edges of drawers and doors.

And on a very exciting note, my WhiteBerry laptop is back up in action after it needed some open heart surgery recently! So I can finally update the site~

1. Jen says on December 30, 2009

Charming! I too am totally digging the frames above. The whole packages works beautifully. Whoever buys the dresser should ask for all of it and of course pay for all of it!

2. Cindy says on December 30, 2009

Beautiful…I have a similar hutch I repainted for my dining room. :)

I added you to my post today listing 'go-to' bloggers for inspiration. You have great style!

3. bagfashionista says on December 31, 2009

love the pops of turqoise! I've been trying to have a frame wall display, but it just doesn't look quite right to me…yours look absolutely gorgeous (as usual)

4. Kim says on December 31, 2009

Your work is gorgeous! You give me a ton of inspiration, now I just need to take the plunge and try to refinish my dining room set. The frames display is beautiful too!

5. Krystal Wight Armstrong says on December 31, 2009

The color on your frames is so great, and seems just the right color to go in a cozy white home like yours…I love what you do with the light blues and teals like in Wren's room. It seems so you.

Great job on the chest btw, I think the cutout shape along the bottom is really striking :)

6. Amanda says on December 31, 2009

Fabulous as always! Sure do love that display of frames and crystal taper holders too.

Thanks as usual for the inspiration.

7. Torri says on December 31, 2009

Hi Holly, looks great!
    I was at Braden's mom's place the other night and you were such an inspiration to her that she decided to paint a bunch of old furniture of hers as well!
    you're inspiring everyone!!!

8. Erin says on December 31, 2009

I would loooooooove to know more about the brown glaze-what it is and how you applied it!

Gorgeous and ALWAYS!

9. rustic rooster interiors says on January 1, 2010

Perfection… Love your work! What's the color on the frames above the dresser? I would like to use that for my kids furniture I'm re-painting… Hope you can share the name with me. Thanks!

Hope you had a wonderful New Years!!! 2010 is going to be a great year!!!
    xoxo,
    Alexandra

10. Karena says on January 1, 2010

Hi Holly…Joni sent me to visit. I love your blog…..those frames need some art, come and see me!! The piece turned out beautifully!

11. A Flair for Vintage Decor says on January 2, 2010

Hi Holly! Love your renovations — I found you from the Cote de Texas blog. I look forward to keeping up with you in 2010 and see what you redo next. I also love finding those gently worn pieces and freshening them up! Happy New Year!

12. carlen says on January 27, 2010

i a new visitor of your fabulous blog and i LOVE the way you transform the old into the most strikingly beautiful creations. Wow! have you done any “how-to” posts? or do you keep your trade-secrets confidential? also, what kind of wood flooring do you have–the beautiful dark chocolate wood?