Center of attention

Uncategorized March 9, 2010

Now that Spring is upon us, I feel like I need to jazz up the mantle a little. During the Fall and Winter months there are so many holidays lined up that the mantle seems to constantly change and morph. I guess I could transition into something Easter related, but that still leaves me with April through September where the mantle is a little bare. I have been storing up some beautiful ideas (thanks to the below mentioned sources!), and am not sure what I will do yet but it seems there is no shortage of beautiful mantle-scapes to draw inspiration from! Do you have a go-to set up that works for you or do you play and change it up regularly too?

Love the arrangement on the pictures here! And the wallpaper is really pretty and fresh too.

image via inspiration for decoration

LOVE this, because I see these types of containers and candle sticks for pennies at the thrift store all. the. time!

image via decorology

This one make really feels fun, yet has some beautiful, serious antiques mixed in. I like the punch of color.

image via flickr

If this was my mantle I don’t think I would ever switch it up for the holidays! LOVE the tall mirror.

image via elle decor

The glass tile surround is just so beautiful that they really don’t need much on the mantle. I think I am leaning towards keeping it simple just like this.

image via flickr
Oh how I wish this photographer took another clear shot because I think this one looks like my perfect mantle. And with a fireplace like that I bet the whole room is stunning.
image via flickr

Totally not my colors, but how lovely is this? I want that blue chair!
image via la maison fou

Talk about creative?! I think this is really neat!
image via designsponge
I really want to see what you have all be planning for Spring mantles!
And don’t forget to submit your WhiteBerry Casting Call photos before March 27!!

1. Morning T says on March 9, 2010

I love mirrors on the mantle. You found some great inspiration pics and I'm sure you'll come up with something even better! Unfortunately my mantle houses a huge flatscreen tv and nothing else, yuck I know. ;)

2. Katie says on March 9, 2010

Beautiful pictures- though I think the first one is my favorite, and that one with the branch is a great idea.

3. mirela says on March 9, 2010

I want a mantle piece now..they look so beautiful each one of them..hard to choose from the photo's.. but if had to, it would be the first one & the one with the aqua colours…Love It – thanks for sharing XX

4. sissie says on March 9, 2010

Such lovely mantles and great idea.
    I really don't change mine much but maybe now I might.

hugs
    Sissie

5. Rhiannon Nicole says on March 9, 2010

ohh they are all so perfect and beautiful. I hope the fiance and I get a fireplace one day so I Can deck it all out. Oprah has some pretty incredible mantel inspirations too :)

6. Laurie - Little Blue Chairs says on March 10, 2010

I am sitting in my chair and going thru my blog reads thinking I really need to do something with my bare mantle. Thank you for sharing. I am in love with the first one and may use that as my inpsiration.

7. Ellie Cutler says on March 10, 2010

LOVE! I want a mantle so bad now! I don't have one in my current home so I live vicariously through people that do. Haha! I'm excited to see what you do with yours!

8. My House of Giggles says on March 10, 2010

I love all of these inspiration pictures! Don't you just love changing up your mantle? I'm constantly switching things around because I just seem to get bored of looking at the same stuff! I'm with you on a nice spring/summer mantle, just because there aren't so many holidays to decorate for. And definitely…simple is better :)
    Tracey

9. My Yellow House says on March 10, 2010

I just love to pop over and see all the beautiful ideas you have! I definately LOVE #2 – so much so that I'm going to try it this afternoon!
    The painted legs on your furniture turned out great – it really ties them all together.
    Feel better ~ :)