White Berry Upholstered

WhiteBerry Reinvented March 19, 2010

This week has been quite a whirl-wind for us. We have done a lot of work on the laundry room, finished some details in the master bedroom (which I am looking forward to sharing next week!), and spent some quality time with family that has been out of town for the last month. In the midst of all this my seamstress emailed me yesterday telling me I could come by and pick up the final pieces for some transformations I have been waiting to unveil.

The first being this chair which you have been semi-acquainted with.

I replaced the padding to give it a smooth, non-tufted back and seat.

To keep it from feeling too new I decided not to overstuff the seat cushion. I think this gives it a lot more personality!

I wanted it to have the delicate, wrinkle-y personality of linen but as many of you know linen is not a very upholstery friendly fabric. So we lined all the linen with a heavy duty cotton twill that gives it stability.

I think this chair feels perfectly parisian with the detailed cane work and cushy linen seat.

most of the distressing allows a white undercoat to peek through which matches the linen beautifully.

This is my idea of heaven!

I am running out of space to properly showcase groupings like this, but I think they speak for themselves~

These two figure 8 chairs were reupholstered after being refinished, and then had simple linen seat covers made for easy cleaning.

They look like 2 ballerinas.

My seamstress is so wonderful, contouring the ties to allow the backs to be just as pretty as the front.
Hope you week ends with a big smile~

1. sissie says on March 20, 2010

Such a beautiful white french chair. Love the seat covers on the dining chairs. Very pretty.

hugs
    Sissie

2. 1 Funky Woman says on March 20, 2010

These are perfect. I just found a chair kind of like your fist one at the Goodwill. I just need a seat cover. I love how clean and crisp everything is!

3. Decor I Adore says on March 20, 2010

After seeing these beautiful images I certainly am smiling ear to ear. They are so beautiful! The first is so elegant looking and the pair really do look like ballerinas :) PERFECTION!

4. Randi says on March 20, 2010

A few of those chairs at my kitchen table would.not.suck. They are beautiful!!

Have a great weekend!

5. Gracefully Vintage says on March 20, 2010

Love the Chairs, Love the white-couldnt have it in my own home with 3 kids & hubby, but love it. I have same chair (2 of them) painted both in heirloom white, one i did in a darker linen, the other in a blue-gold textured satin fabric. But I might try the all white-I wouldnt of thought of that.. Great Idea.
    Love Your Blog-will follow-hope to get feeds of your postings.
    Karryann (Gracefully Vintage)

6. Gina says on March 20, 2010

Oh it turned out beautiful!! (so not surprising lol). I have to ask, how do you reupholster the back of the chair? Stupid question right?

Great job!