New White Berry

WhiteBerry Reinvented May 22, 2010

I love a comment I got today from a reader telling me she was behind me in line at Duchess (no shock there, right?) but she didn’t say hello in fear of appearing like a stalker. PLEASE say hello!! I promise that I won’t think you are crazy, in fact, I am probably the crazy one but I promise not to bite. So don’t be shy people!
Hopefully we bump into each other again soon M~

Besides resuming my Duchess habit, this week has been very busy getting back into the swing of things with White Berry. It felt great to get back into the studio and I felt so inspired after our trip that I thought I would try some free-hand stuff with my latest pieces.

And I promise that I took a before shot, but I was deleting some old stuff on my camera and *BAM* got carried away and lost it. It was a VERY old antique dresser that had been a DIY project gone wrong.

I added a light grey contrasting surface, embellished with some free-hand scroll work in a darker grey.

Then aged it to feel authentic.

It is about 99.9% complete, just awaiting a back-ordered escutcheon (aka key hole cover).

Hope you are having a wonderful, fun Friday!!

1. Linda @ Painted Whyte says on May 22, 2010

That is so funny about one of your followers at Duchess because the same kind of thing happened to me months ago before i met you (when i was lucky enough to buy your built ins). I saw you in Anthropologie by the hardware – actually i saw Wren first. I was going to say hi but like your other follower i thought i would look like a crazy person lol.

Question, the squirlies are done freehand? with what? I could never do that – not a freehand person at all but very interested – it looks awesome.

Have a good long weekend, hopefully it doesnt rain the entire weekend!

2. Tracey says on May 22, 2010

Love it! also going to add you to my sidebar! Check out my blog …I have something that would be so cute right next to this pretty piece! Have a great day!

3. **Frugal Contessa** says on May 22, 2010

How funny that you were spotted on our Duchess date!! With the wacky conversations we were engaged in, I'm not surprised that she was scared to say hello. It's very possible that WE were the ones that looked crazy, lol.

I'm DYING over this dresser. You're an artist miss. This baby is gorgeous.

4. Kate says on May 23, 2010

Okay, I think that I SERIOUSLY have this EXACT same piece. But mine has a mirror with it. And WHY did I buy it and paint it? Because of YOU! I'll bet I paid a lot more for it than you though b/c you are so thrifty. Check it out on my blog!!! I put it in my daughters room – REALLY…I changed up the nobs but the keyholes, sides…casters…crazy…
    Before – http://hurlbutfamily.blogspot.com/2010/03/project-2.html
    After – http://hurlbutfamily.blogspot.com/2010/03/fini.html

5. Kate says on May 23, 2010

oh and it doesn't look very distressed on the pictures b/c I was skeered…but it's in my 16 month olds room – it'll get there.

6. lizibeth says on May 24, 2010

Oh, love it!
    question – I also really love those square frames but don't want to spend a bundle to get the ones I've found. Where did you find yours?

7. Holly and Sean says on May 24, 2010

Thanks so much everyone!

Lizibeth, they are from ikea! I just painted them to match a little better and added a little grey matting under the white matte it came with to give it a high end feel.
    Check them out, I think they were like $16 or something!