Minimalist Victorian Dresser

WhiteBerry Reinvented June 8, 2010

I toyed with a few ideas for this dresser… but I kept coming back to the thought of a really simple white dresser with contrastingly opulent handles.
I just added a touch of distressing to the edges and corners to keep it from feeling too perfect, but it is barely noticable.

The handles are iron replicas of victorian styles and I think they are perfectly chunky and ornate!

Of course if there was a card-pull version you know I was all over it!

I am REALLY loving this dresser right now and think I may just have a hard time seeing it go. It seems to be the perfect fit for our living room that I have been looking for.

And if you haven’t entered in our Jess LC SOC CHIC giveaway yet, you only have until Friday!

1. christine says on June 8, 2010

Those handles are amazing – love the detail!!

It must be SO hard saying good by to these pieces when they've found the perfect spot in your home – you DO keep some for yourself, right?? :)

2. Jennae says on June 8, 2010

I absolutely LOVE this piece! I originally wanted a similar dresser for our living room, but ended up going with a mid century-style table with cleaner lines. These photos almost make me regret it :)

3. C, H & E says on June 8, 2010

That is beautiful Holly! You do such amazing work. I always wonder if you do anything to “update” the inside of the drawers. Do you line them or just leave them as is?

4. Kathy says on June 8, 2010

This is over the top perfect! Do tell where did you find those pulls, fantastic. You are really good at what you do!

5. ...love Maegan says on June 8, 2010

a remarkable job! …I love the big ol'beach branches on the wall …I used to have some in a past life house …maybe I need some in my new house, considering the beachy theme in two rooms …lovely!

6. suziebabyzsazsa says on June 8, 2010

I have a dresser very similar to this and have been trying to figure out just what to do with it. Now I know!!! Fabulous job! I love it. Where did you find the pulls?

7. Design Apprentice says on June 17, 2010

I just found your blog and am in love! You have an adorable little girl and a wonderful home to boot. I need to know, how did you hang those branches? I've wanted to do the same in my own home and keep thinking I'll have to use fishing line.