Pair of White Nightstands

WhiteBerry Reinvented June 29, 2010

I am sure you have been wondering why you haven’t seen any new transformations lately? I think it has been over 2 weeks since I shared anything new, and it was almost exactly 2 weeks ago that I had a client booked in who actually brought a moving truck to drop off her items (definitely a first here!). I have had a blast working on her items, but I literally had the garage completely packed. I am REALLY thankful we have had wonderful weather so that I could utilize the yard for work space otherwise I would have been sunk! I am also thankful that I limit the number of clients I take, even when I would love to say “Sure, bring it on by!” because all of last weeks clients got pushed back slightly, but thankfully I was able to catch up over the weekend and I ended up only a day or two behind schedule… and this week’s clients will be right on time.

But back to the project at hand. I really love finding sets of things, whether it is chairs, tables, etc. so I had to scoop up these night stands. I actually bought a whole set, including a giant dresser but that was custom painted for a client months back while these have just sat collecting dust.

I love the simple clean lines of these guys so I kept the paint a clean white.

I added some of the sea-green glass knobs I scored at Anthro back in January. It is definitely cottage season and I have been adding a lot of beachy touches lately.

With just the slightest hint of distressing to keep it from feeling too perfect.

I am so lucky that our yard always has flowers that are in bloom. I have multiple glass jars and vases filled around the house at all times… but at the back of my mind I am reminding myself of those January days when I look out to nothing but snow. They seem forever away but I know they will be here sooner than I like.
But for now I will try and enjoy every minute with my blooms.

1. L says on June 29, 2010

Love those glass knobs. They do really give it that beachy look. So simple and so beautiful.

2. jen @ {decor junkie} says on June 29, 2010

Those turned out beautiful. I especially like the bright white contrasted with the dark wood flooring — gorgeous! And the knobs realy do add a perfect little touch.

3. Douglas says on June 29, 2010

The clean white is perfect…and the green sea glass is just the right beachy clean feel. Enjoy your flowers!

4. Stephanie says on June 30, 2010

as usualy – gorgeous! i can't wait for this saturday's yard-sales! hoping to find a few pieces to make-over!! momma needs a desk-turned-sewing machine table! hehe =)

5. Polly says on June 30, 2010

Hi Holly,

Your furniture transformations are ALWAYS wonderful! I love the color of those knobs from Anthro….great choice!!

I have a question for you, if you have a chance….have you ever painted a piece that is made of that laminate material? I just bought a neat vintage desk, but the finish is that laminate rather than wood. Not sure if I should sand it first or just prime it first? I am hoping you might be able to give me a little tip!!

Thanks!

Polly

6. Rebecca says on June 30, 2010

Gorgeous Holly! Love the sea green glass knobs and I WISH I grew flowers of my own….yours always look so beautiful and accent your pieces so nicely!!

7. Allison says on June 30, 2010

Love these white night stands. So simple, clean and refreshing looking in the white and the sea glass knobs are perfect. Nice staging job, too! Beautiful!

8. Brandan says on June 30, 2010

Is it possible to share the items you work on for clients? If they give you permission? I'd be interested in seeing those transformations as well, plus the use of other colors.

9. Robin says on June 30, 2010

Wow! What a transformation. I probably would have pasted them up. You on the other hand are a lady with vision. A vision so beautifully presented. Thanks!