Fresh Coat Thurday/Friday

Fresh Coat Friday July 1, 2010

I know it’s not yet Friday, but since we will be heading out to the cottage in a few moments to celebrate Canada Day and the long weekend I just had to put it up early instead of skipping this week. As usual, you guys blow me away with your creativity and inventiveness! We have some beautiful pieces this week and thanks to everyone who shared and who will be linking in~

Can you believe that Melissa used to be afraid of painting? She wanted to share in order to show anyone who might be intimidated that it really isn’t as scary as it might seem. Aren’t her new pieces stunning?? Lovely work Melissa, you will probably be unstopable now LOL.

Kathleen wasn’t scared off by a little laminate. She sanded it down, painted it her own custom mix of grey. The outcome was a super cute new piece! Great hardware Kathleen, and we love the cutie in the picture~

The next 2 transformatins come to us from Stacey and her mom Connie. They discovered these treasures at their local GoodWill and gave them a wonderful update. I LOVE the hutch! I think I would have done backflips out of my thrift store if I found such a fantastic piece. Great work Ladies!

Sarah’s transformation is a very special one, as this hutch used to belong to her grandmother. Her grandmother always said that she knew she had made it when she bought this nice dining room set, so it was naturally an easy decision to keep it when her grandma downsized. The hutch now fits right into their home, but still holds all the sentimental value.

Meghan did an fantastic job taking this $20 roll top desk and making it look like new! I can totally understand what a job it must have been to get in all those cubbies, great job Meghan. And the mirror above it looks fab as well~

Melodie is a very talented mom and blogger who transformed both this mirror and and chair for her new home. She added the monogram to the mirror for an extra personal touch and I think it looks amazing. And there is really nothing to mention about the chair, it speaks for itself!

Krista scored this trunk for only $20! She managed to protect the leather while painting it black and the result is a really beautiful coffee table. Love how the leather pops out now~

Sandy just completed this transformation and it looks lovely! I can’t believe that it already had such stunning hardware, what a great find!!! I love Sandy’s whole place.

You might remember Sarah’s green dresser from last week, and this week she is wowing us even more with her genius wall plaques. She painted and added scrapbook paper to some wood plaques and then mounted hooks to them for a fun ecclectic and functional touch to her entry way.

Another great FREE find! Rescued from the dumpster this little table was pretty boring. But some reclaimed wood, a little stain and some spray paint turned it into a functional and beautiful endtable in S’s den!

Have a great long weekend everyone!!

1. Vintage Creations says on July 1, 2010

i love your blog.. your inspirations are amazing.. bu i really want to know how you keep the white, white.. i guess i have too many little fingers around our house! ;)

Heather @ vintagecreationsinc.blogspot.com

2. Skifty says on July 1, 2010

I am leaving a comment per your instruction! I have never posted my link before so hopefully I did it right!

3. Rebecca says on July 1, 2010

OK so first of all I can't believe the weekend has come so soon!!! I saw this post and I was like “what?” LOL! Secondly I went to 4 different thrift stores the other day searching for something cool to paint (even tho I have lots of stuff to paint around the house) and there was NOTHING!!! I came home empty handed :(
    Can't wait to hang with you guys on Saturday!!!

4. MrsKBJ says on July 1, 2010

Thanks Holly! Also, thanks for linking a day early, I am super busy this weekend and when ever I scedule a post it never works (tried it twice). Happy Weekend!!
    xo,
    kelly

5. Jasmine says on July 1, 2010

Thanks for sharing your beautiful work. This is my first time submitting and while I wasn't painting a piece of furniture, I hope a fresh coat of paint on the walls, counts. :D

6. melissa says on July 1, 2010

Just getting into the diy stuff myself..feeling quite intimidated by everyone! You guys are all REALLY good.

7. Miki says on July 2, 2010

It's my first time joining in on a link and I hope I'm doing it right. I'm fumbling my way around blogging but having a blast. Thank you for allowing us all to share!

8. Kari --- says on July 2, 2010

I just posted the link to my hutch, the first pictures that didn't show up last week!

Love seeing everyone's stuff!

9. Andrea says on July 2, 2010

Thanks for dropping by last week and viewing my farmhouse barstools! I so appreciate you hosting and for all of your inspiring pieces! Have a GREAT long weekend!!

10. Rebecca says on July 2, 2010

I love fresh coat fridays!!! It's so much fun to check out everyone's projects!!! Thanks for coordinating this!

11. Holly and Sean says on July 2, 2010

Kari, my apologies!!! I totally intended on re-attempting to share your beautiful hutch but it slipped my mind in the rush to get it up and finish packing. Thanks so much for linking in again for everyone to see your great work. Have a safe and happy weekend!

12. stef says on July 2, 2010

You have a wonderful site full of inspiration. I am going to show my husband to convince him we need to paint our dining room chairs!

13. Hwillmama says on July 2, 2010

Hi….I love your blog….I have been reading it from the sidelines for over a year now.

I didn't want to seem like some big stalker (without a blog of my own) so I haven't commented before.

I just started a blog….so now you can see I'm not a crazy stalker lol

I recently wrote about the blogs I love in a post and I wrote about your blog…..to check it out go to….

Heidi

14. Ellie says on July 2, 2010

Wow just discovered your blog and I love it! This is so inspiring :) Will definitely be coming back :)

<3 Ellie Like

15. Cincy says on July 2, 2010

Holly,
    Love all of your furniture transformations. So much that it inspired me to paint this sofa table! Thanks. Karen

16. Something Nice and Pretty says on July 3, 2010

I'm now a follower and so very happy I found your blog it is just wonderful. I plan on buying some white paint this weekend and hopefully I'll be able to link up with you soon! Love that hutch!!!

Rondell

17. the tichenor family says on July 3, 2010

I adore your blog. You are precious. Sweet Wren is a doll. I painted a ton of furniture recently when we moved and am so excited to participate this week. xoxo

18. Tiina says on July 5, 2010

I love this so muuch, cannot get any work done now since I'm just browsing all the creative people's work… fabulous!