Raspberry Lemon Cupcakes

cooking, inspiration August 2, 2010
Have you seen these adorable rainbow cupcakes Shari from Spearmint Baby whipped up a couple weeks ago? I loved this idea… but I didn’t have the really potent coloring laying around when yesterday Wren and I decided to sweeten our day with some baking.
So we attempted a variation!

I LOVE lemon cake, and since raspberries are so in season right now we combined the two flavors.
We simply divided the batter into 3 colors, yellow, light pink and dark pink and poured it in evenly.

After our first batch Wren and I decided to go even girlier and do a batch of all pink shades.

And they are pretty tasty if I do say so myself!

But the real highlight for my decor-obsessed self was that I got to use my latest and greatest garage sale find: an old bakery cake plate. It was $5 which I would usually say is high for a garage sale, but I just loved it!

Hope you are having a sweet day as well and thanks for the inspiration Shari~

1. Diana Hulme says on August 2, 2010

I love the rainbow cakes & cupcakes that have been all around lately, but yours are such a beautiful new take! I love the colors…so great. I may have to try this out for my next baby shower! Thanks for sharing. :)

2. Kacey says on August 2, 2010

Yum! They look so lovely on that fabulous stand!

I've made rainbow cakes before, but never tried cupcakes…

3. DrayaAnn says on August 2, 2010

Oh I LOVE rainbow cupcakes. I made them for easter and they were a huge hit with everyone…especially the kids. Those cupcakes look fantastic and yummy!

4. Lovely Little Nest says on August 2, 2010

Those cupcakes look delish! One of my favorite summer cupcakes is Blackberry Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting ~ oh so yummy! I'll share pics and the recipe on the blog soon :)

5. Jessica says on August 3, 2010

Those look so pretty…and YUMMY! I love rasberries and anything with icing. Yet again, you manage to make even a cupcake beautiful!

Jessica

6. Tomas and Jones says on August 3, 2010

How beautiful! Such a creative idea, & the thought of lemon & raspberry has my mouth seriously watering!

Oh & I also have a serious case of cake stand envy! What a great find! Well done :)