Hint of Mint Dresser

WhiteBerry Reinvented August 3, 2010
My sister and I found this old dresser while hitting some garage sales recently. It was a screaming deal as it came from an estate sale and they really needed to get things out so they threw in a desk with the purchase. I had no desire to cram all this in my SUV, but my sister needed a desk for her new house so we obliged and hilarity ensued. 2 girly girls (one in a strapless sun dress) aren’t too capable of heavy lifting…
Somehow we all arrived in one piece!
I first did a coat of white, which looked lovely but a smidge plain. Knowing I wanted to reuse the gorgeous gold handles I decided to add the faintest of faint mint green cabana stripes. I have always loved the look of gold and green together and was instantly happy with the results.
It is so faint, but still noticable (more so in real life). I dream of this as a bedside table in a seaside cottage. Or in a beautiful white nursery.

Some people would hardly notice the mint…

But I am more of a quiet relaxed girl, and I like that it is a little mysterious.
The original hardware was so beautiful I could hardly refuse to bring it back.

This is definitely one of my favorite pieces… ever. I don’t know why, but it just makes me happy~

1. christine says on August 3, 2010

I am loving those gold handles!!

I can just picture you guys trying to wrangle this sucker (in a strapless dress, no less!), haha. Sounds like me every time I get left alone in Home Sense! You'd be surprised how much a VW jetta can hold!!

2. Samantha2818 says on August 3, 2010

To be honest when I looked at the first photo I thought the dresser was hideous and no-one could do anything to that. You've certainly proved me wrong – I have to say the piece is now stunning. I love the subtlety of the stripes and the handles are beautiful.
    ~Sam

3. amber says on August 3, 2010

this piece really is lovely. and the mint is very faint, i had to squint to see it. haha
    you said you painted it white, but what did you do to make it look distressed?

amber

4. Laurie Jones says on August 3, 2010

This piece is absolutely beautiful and I have been following you for awhile and I agree with you, its one of my favorite pieces you've done so far! I love the slight color difference and those handles are to die for! I love when old hardware can be saved!

5. Kate says on August 4, 2010

I am not sure what “farmerandmrs” is getting at or why she is speaking for people without carpenter husbands but as one of those girls without a handy husband I can tell you that I love your blog the way it is.

6. JoLynn says on August 4, 2010

I love it!! Normally, I would not have much love for the gold handles, but they look great here!! Wish I lived closer. :)

7. pitcherandpearl.com says on August 4, 2010

Way too funny, I can just imagine my sister and I doing the exact same thing…In sundresses too :)

I love this dresser…the hint of pale green is so subtle and pretty especially against those gold pulls. (I also adore the styling you did with this peice) great job!!

~ Navya

8. twenty eight says on August 12, 2010

Those handles are divine and I didn't even notice the stripes on my crappy laptop screen until I read it and looked again. You have mastered the art of stylish subtlety, indeed! (But we already knew that …)