Some Petti things

fashion, Halloween, my closet, Wren October 29, 2010
Feeling both spooky and girly, Wren and I rocked our petti coats today.
Photobucket
We were also feeling TRES tired. I had one of the worst sleeps I can remember, and as soon as I finally drifted off to the land of nod this little bird decided to pull a kamakazi and hit the floor. We all jumped out of bed and couldn’t seem to settle back in.
Photobucket
(Wren’s shirt, tutu, leggings: Gymboree)
Wren doesn’t appear to hold any grudges over the matter, but I cannot say the same for myself.
Photobucket
On Thursday mornings my mom comes over and picks Wren up to go to Gymboree classes so I had a few hours to myself. If it wasn’t for those few hours I am highly doubtful that I would have even changed out of my PJs.
Photobucket
But we had planned a rare trip to Costco for Halloween candy with my sister, so I decided to take my fashion cues from Wren’s outfit. Some days I go a little dressy and do a blazer, like this one.
Photobucket
(blazer: Gucci ; shirt: American Apparel ; petti coat: Whippy Cake ; leggings: Gap)
But most days I throw on a denim jacket to keep it casual. It is a great excuse to feel like a girl and while I get the rare blank stare, so many people stop and say how much they love it.
Photobucket
(denim jacket: Hollister)
When I wear it to our dance class on Fridays all the little girls flock to me and try to hold my hand or sit in my lap. If for that reason alone, it is my favorite piece of clothing.
Photobucket
And speaking of girly, I have a fun project and some furniture tomorrow that will bring out the little girl in all of us.

1. Allison says on October 29, 2010

Wren is the cutest little girl! So adorable in that orange tutu! She could be a little model. She's a doll. You look adorable, too, Holly! I love your outfil! I applaud you for wearing what you want. It's a fun outfit. Great photos of the two of you! May I ask you where you found your black boots?

2. MrsKBJ says on October 29, 2010

Hi Holly! Great pictures! Little Wren's hair is getting long! I love your grey petticoat, I dont see it on their website. Did you get it recently? How much? Thank you.
    xo,
    Kelly

3. Holly and Sean says on October 29, 2010

Thanks Kelly!!
    I bought it off her etsy site, but I can't find the link right now. If you email her whippy email I am sure she will be able to help you out. I can't remember the exact price but I want to say $80 or $90.

4. The Brick Cottage says on October 29, 2010

I don't know which I like more–your furniture posts or your fashion posts?! You've got a great eye for style in both cases and as always, very inspiring!

5. Giggles says on October 29, 2010

Screams artist from head to toe!!! If I saw you in costco I'd for sure comment on how adorable mom and daughter are!! I can't believe how fast she's growing…time really does fly!!

Hugs Giggles

6. Tomas & Jones says on October 30, 2010

Wow, tres cute, tres pretty & tres chic indeed! Think a tutu is now firmly on quite a few shopping lists!

U r both too cute for words! Sleep or no sleep! ;)

7. Stacy of KSW says on November 2, 2010

You guys are adorable. I am truly loving all the posts with peeks in to your life & wardrobe. You have such a unique style & I just love to see what you're going to come up with next. Hope you had a Happy Halloween