Belated Happy Halloween

Halloween, Wren November 4, 2010
I can’t believe it is already November! This past weekend we had a fantastically spooky Halloween and hope you did as well.
My day didn’t start with a treat, but a real tricky little lady. Seems someone knows where mommy hides the art supplies now! She loves doing her make up and seemed to be in the spirit of the day by finding the only black marker.
Photobucket
After a full facial scrub down she donned her Walrus costume to hit both her Grandma’s and Aunt’s houses.
Photobucket
My mom says we picked out a “boyish” costume and I intended to add a little bow to her head to make it obvious she was a girl walrus, but she didn’t keep the hood on for more that 10 minutes so thank goodness I didn’t waste the effort.
Photobucket
The night before we went to an adult only party and had a pretty exciting night. We aren’t on facebook and missed out on the invite until just a few days before hand so we were far from the most creative party go-ers. I was a 50’s housewife and my sister (who actually did spend some time and effort on her costume) was Link from The Legend of Zelda.
Photobucket
All in all a really great Halloween. And I can hardly believe it, but Wren has been in her new bed for a whole week already. I should have some photos for you tomorrow!

1. Krystal Wight Armstrong says on November 4, 2010

Cute! My husband has always played with the idea of trying to be a Link before (we're big fans). Your sister did it great. And yours is fun & pretty, too! :) Wren makes a lovely little walrus as well.

2. Sandy says on November 4, 2010

well you look so pretty and I love your outfit and the cool 50's hair thing with the bangs curled under.

I'm sorry but I had to laugh at Wren's black lipstick *oh my*

3. Giggles says on November 4, 2010

You have a proud little artist in your midst! Soon she'll be telling you what she wants to wear for Halloween and every other day! I think it's awesome that has a little mind of her own and wanted to try a new look!! So sweet! One day you'll look back at that photo with so much joy! It's truly precious as is she!
    Love your fifties look too!! You and your sister are so fun!

Hugs Giggles

4. -Kasey says on November 4, 2010

How adorable!! [even with the black marker lol].

I also can't believe it's November. For some reason Sunday did NOT feel like Halloween and even now I am still thinking it's October.

5. lizibeth says on November 4, 2010

boyish, maybe, but the cutest, sweetest, most darling little walrus ever!
    (and thank goodness the pen came off)
    btw, LOVE your sweater :)

6. Kel says on November 4, 2010

Oh, my kids have found the permanent markers before and wrote ALL over my fabric ottoman. Be thankful it was just her lips. :) hahahahahaha. Love the legends of Zelda..how creative!

7. KYLE FAMILY says on November 5, 2010

Hey Holly! I've only commented once before (when my friend randomly had bought one of your headboard off kijiji and we live in calgary), but I just wanted to say i really enjoy reading your blog and seeing all of your creations, and I would love if you could post a lot of christmas decorating ideas! I am looking forward to hosting some holiday parties and would love some ideas! thanks!

8. lila Check says on November 5, 2010

he looks so cute with the black lipstick…hahah
    ..and the two of you look fabulous!I just wanted to say i really enjoy reading your blog and seeing all of your creations,simply lovely!
    hugs