wish me luck!

Uncategorized December 1, 2010

Hola (that’s Wren’s favorite word these days)!
I probably should be resting but I am both bored, hungry and tired so here I am, blogging. If there was ever a place that hampers my creativity and spirits it’s a hospital bed which is sadly where I am laying right now. Looks like my appendix is being tres unfriendly and will be removed later this afternoon so send me all your brave thoughts because I will confess that I am more than a trifle scared. I have a fun holiday post already lined up for tomorrow and hopefully I will be home for the weekend but I will try and say Hi before then.

Adios Amigos!

1. Lisa@Pickles and Cheese says on December 1, 2010

Oh My! My daughter's roomate at school just had hers out last week! She is feeling sooo much better and has had an extremely speedy recovery. I wish the same for you! See you here soon.

2. angela says on December 2, 2010

No! I hope you are feeling better really, really soon.
    My hubby is a resident surgeon, and fixing an appendix is so boring, routine and easy- but never for the patient.
    Please keep us posted. Love you.

3. Woodengirl says on December 2, 2010

Well, this is a heck of a deal!

Here's every wish and prayer that all will be well soon.

Maybe you can make the best of it and enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner in bed while watching TV. And at least you don't have to clean the room or make the bed.

Is it starting to sound like a spa yet?

4. Rebecca says on December 2, 2010

Awe Holly you poor thing!!!! :( I heard appendicitis is so painful, so I hope they are helping you manage through that! ALL my thoughts and well wishes are being sent your way!!! Here's to a speedy recovery! XO!

5. Carla says on December 2, 2010

Hey, there are lots of us without an appendix walking around…we should start a club!! Aren't you glad, you really don't need it! I'm sorry that you are having to go through this at this holiday time. bummer!! Hope you are back on your feet really fast!

6. Giggles says on December 2, 2010

All the best Holly, sending healing thoughts your way!!

Big hugs Sherrie from B.C.

p.s there will no heavy lifting what so ever for at least six weeks…just sayin!

7. The FlavOr SavOrs says on December 2, 2010

I JUST had my appendix out November 17th! Good luck, I hope your nurses are as amazing as mine were! And I will never forget how much better I felt after waking up for surgery – I wanted to dance!

8. Oonafey says on December 2, 2010

Poor Holly! I hope everything is going well and you will be all better soon… I look forward to your posts everyday.

9. jennyburns says on December 2, 2010

My sister just had her's out two weeks ago – and of course Nate Berkus, too. Just be careful to take all of your antibiotics and NO LIFTING ANYTHING for a few weeks. Here's to an easy recovery – and at least it's before your trip so hopefully you'll have plenty of recovery time.

10. marygrace says on December 2, 2010

Oh no! I had mine out a few years ago, and I'm happy to say that (at least in my experience) the recovery isn't too bad … I was up on my feet and almost as good as new within a week.

Best of luck!