Antique Vanity

WhiteBerry Reinvented, Wren February 17, 2011
Photobucket
Day to day I don’t wear a lot of make up, but I would happily become a glamazon if I sat at this vanity every morning. Originally, it was a beautiful piece of furniture that had seen it’s fair share of use.
Photobucket
But I think a fresh white pallette is much more appropriate for playing with a rainbow of eyeshadows and lipsticks.
Photobucket The original brass hardware is so beautiful that I wouldn’t consider replacing it, and the lovely old mirror is perfectly aged and mottled. Not enough to make it difficult to work at the vanity, just enough to make it interesting.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Poor Wren has been under the weather this week (notice those rosy cheeks!), but being the sweetie she is has been entertaining Mom and Dad non-stop!
Photobucket
Cuddling in bed is one of her favorite activities at the best of time, but over the last few days it has been where she spent all her play time, reading time and laughing time.
Photobucket
Thankfully she is on the mend because Mommy and Daddy can’t handle many more restless nights!!

1. Jaime says on February 18, 2011

Holly you make me want to paint everything white. Your work is just gorgeous, always. Please keep sharing and inspiring.

2. Preppy 101 says on February 18, 2011

One request: Please come to Tennessee and redo my home. Thankyouverymuch. {I'll gladly babysit that little bundle of joy while you work away ;-)} xoxo

3. Joybird says on February 18, 2011

Glad Wren is on the mend. Nice vanity. I just did a curio cabinet that started life looking very different than the before vanity but interestingly enough has the exact same trim combo. It too is white now.

4. Brandy says on February 18, 2011

Holly,
    I feel for you with the restless nights. My 9-month-old Gus has RSV and a double ear infection which has made us couch potatoes and has given me the opportunity to get more snuggle time than usual so its not all bad.
    I just love visiting your site and daydreaming about “White Berry-ing” all of my dark, heavy furniture!
    Thank you for inspiring me daily!
    Love, Brandy and The Imaginary Mouse

5. Ashley says on February 18, 2011

My grandmother, who died when I was 8, had a vanity she used every morning in her bathroom. This post really took me back! The way you revived it is simply stunning! :)

6. Little Lovables says on February 18, 2011

That table is stunning, I love the beautiful details!

And Wren, what a little sweetie. She has got such long legs, but then again my boys and I all run on the short side!

7. Terrell says on February 18, 2011

I simply love this vanity re-do! Way to go y'all! Your re-dos and photos always inspire me sooo much! I hope Wren gets 100% soon…she's seriously the most adorable thing!
    ~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~

8. Sixty-Fifth Avenue says on February 19, 2011

I hope you all get some sleep! I remember our ped telling us sleep goes out the window when the baby is sick…still true sometimes and our baby will be 5 soon. Love the vanity, you find the best stuff!

9. Amanda says on February 25, 2011

oh Holly. i know restless nights all too well lately. while on vacation i got the flu. and Jack got the flu. needless to say, my head is so cloudy i probably shouldnt even be trying to put together sentences. BUUUUTTTT, i HAD to say i sure do hope Wren, and you, start feeling better right.this.very.moment. a sick mama and a sick baby are no fun at all. and, it's given me the blues, bad. :( feel better, lovelies.

on a sidenote, the vanity is absolutely gorgeous… and is that your old bed (the now guest bed?) sitting amongst the other furniture i see waiting to be painted?????? *hope so* ;)