Office-ially in use!

my office March 7, 2011
Photobucket
2 posts in one day!! I feel like a rock star or something getting this much done. All thanks to the dinner hour zombie.
I am soooo enthralled with the closet, but my real excitement lies in the decorating of our new office! The poor room has been a catchall for everything from the day we moved in so it doesn’t feel real that we are actually using it. I have a lot of plans in the works for this room, but thought I would show you how it stands as of today.
Photobucket
Sean hung my teardrop chandelier ($49 at Urban Outfitters circa 2006, still one of my favorite items!) and moved up the desk my grandpa scouted out of a barn last Spring.
Photobucket
But I have yet to hang curtains and accessorize! I am hoping to work on it all week, and as I already have almost everything here just waiting to be brought in it shouldn’t break the bank.
Photobucket
Some things I have already done include hanging art on these two walls.
Photobucket
Here is what is my plan for the room is:
Photobucket
1. Anthropologie adorations curtain. I am not 100% sold on this pattern, but I am using a curtain panel to cover the giant wardrobe I placed in the closet and think this one might be the perfect pop of pattern.
2. Quilted grey cowhide rug from HomeSense.
3. Ikea Lenda curtains with pom pom fringe attached to bottom.
4. Ikea Gilbert chairs.
5. Wall color: Pratt & Lambert’s Malta Mist.
6. Rachel Ashwell’s linen covered chair that I am replicating with this chair I scored for $14 last year that has been reupholstered recently:
And so that is basically how things stand at the moment. A lot of work, but lot’s of fun!

1. Kate Lewis-Driver says on March 7, 2011

it's great to see it all coming together! you certainly waste no time!! i love the plans for the study and can't wait to see your finished walk in robe! Kate :)

2. Amanda says on March 7, 2011

first things first… Wren simply cannot be any cuter. asleep, propped up, with perfectly pink cheeks and slightly chapped little winter lips? :) Jack has matching cheeks and lips. ;)

your office is stunning already. after your accessorize it… we'll all be wanting to set up a “meeting” with you. hehehe. and, it makes my heart flutter to see your lovely chandelier and it so totally reminds me of the one i scored at goodwill for $4.99 and is in our master bedroom which will soon be getting a makeover!

3. Aaron says on March 7, 2011

I just started following your blog…like an hour ago. I have to say that I love your dark wood floors.

4. Quirky Essentials says on March 7, 2011

Good luck! Your work is beautiful and precious baby even more beautiful. I just started my blog and yours is one that gives me so much inspiration!

5. Kacey says on March 7, 2011

Soo exciting! I can't wait to see how it turns out. We have a similar room in our house (storage/guest room/office!) that I'm dying to start working on. I just can't make up my mind what I want to do with it, so I'm forcing myself to wait. I'll live vicariously through you!

6. Michelle Richardson says on March 7, 2011

Your designs are always so inspiring, can't wait to see the finished room! I spray painted my first frame this last week for my daughters room and I love how it turned out!

7. Cha Cha says on March 7, 2011

I can not wait to see. I love the chandelier, it would still be one of my favorites also. Thank you for always inspiring me.

Cha Cha

8. Lindsey Tollefson says on March 7, 2011

Holly, I love your vision board for this room, but I'm crazy about that desk! Out of a barn? It looks like it is out of pottery barn! I love, love, love it!

9. Kait says on March 7, 2011

I can't wait to see what it looks like when it all comes together!! It will be amazing!! You will never want to leave the room, and be content while blogging!! Win Win!
    Love the UO chandelier too!

Also, If you have not already, please check out my give away on my blog.
    Thanks!!