Spring/Summer wardrobe, part 2

fashion, my closet March 26, 2011
Photobucket
That is going to be me looking out for the fedex man over the next week, waiting for some new wardrobe additions to arrive.
I have a serious love affair going on with Rebecca Taylor and her romantic, feminine clothes. They fit into my ‘look’ perfectly and I cannot wait for the weather to improve and get to rockin’ some dresses!!
Sean has our email hooked up to his Ipod and when he got home he was a little curious as to why so many emails regarding shipping confirmations were bombarding him today. Oops!
The only logical reason I could offer is up is that I ‘needed them!’, oh yeah, and they were on sale. 2 of the biggest selling points in my book, in his… not so much.
French Sailor Dress
Floral Shirt-Dress
Bohemian Blouse
Quilted Silk Tea-Dress
Photobucket
Seriously, these are the things my dreams are made of!
But in the meantime I have gathered up a few other items for spring, some old, some new.
I recently found this tulip skirt on clearance for $29 at Anthropologie and while I hummed and hawed over it, I know it will be a keeper. I love pairing casual tanks and sandals with dressy skirts. This one is good because it really dresses up nicely with heels for an evening look. It will also match well with a black Theory tank I scooped up earlier this year, but I like the blouse-y feel of this deconstructed tank.
tank: Walter; skirt: Anthropologie; heels: Gucci
Many of you have asked about my shorter hair and how I am liking the change, and while it was a BIG difference at first I am slowly venturing out and trying new things. I am in LOVE with messy, curly bangs this year. Which is crazy considering I’ve always hated bangs and the feel of hair in my face…
To acheive a relaxed, messy curl I usually roll 2 or 3 different sized rollers into dry hair in the morning, do a few chores, blow some warm air on them and about 30 minutes later take them out. It is far less work for me than using a curling iron, and since I usually only wash my hair every other day it is no work at all on the second day.
old navy sandals
Photobucket
My current obsession is a pair of $29 Joe Fresh rain boots my mom and sis scouted out for me after knowing I had been hunting for ages. The color and style fit so much of my wardrobe, and I like the tie detail. They have been in heavy rotation, partly because I adore them and partly because the weather has been making them a necessity.
top: Vince; jeans: Forever21; boots: Joe Fresh
Photobucket
Wren also got a pair and we’ve been putting them to good use, jumping in pretty much every puddle we spot.
I am a huge fan, and have been for a long while, of one shoulder and assymetrical dresses so as soon as I saw this bad boy I knew it was coming home with me! I am on the prowl for a fun belt, hopefully something will turn up before the weather warms up (which should give me plenty of time LOL).
dress: Mason by Michelle Mason; shoes: Bongo
Photobucket
It also struck me just how disturbingly pale I’ve become over the course of the winter so I am excited to give a new self tanner a chance. I am going to try this L’oreal gel and see how it goes, giving me lots of time to perfect my technique before I’ll actually have to share the results in public.
Photobucket
While some people are not into mini dresses, I’ve always been a fan. And let’s be honest I probably only have a year or two to get away with them (if I even succeed this year, that is). But it looks like style starts much younger than I expected, and the 2 year old of the house already insists that her tops are dresses. Yikes, dad won’t be too pleased with this one!
{If you happened to miss part 1 of this post click here to catch up}

1. Ann says on March 26, 2011

Men…ha ha, they will never understand our affinity to shopping ♥

dresses, bags, accessories…we want it all ♥

2. Robyn says on March 26, 2011

Wow! Photo's and clothes are gorgeous. I's also be waiting at the window if I knew those were coming.

3. The enchanted home says on March 26, 2011

Well looks like you have been busy doing some fun shopping! Love all the looks and I also love Rebecca Taylor for her soft, flowy, flattering clothes. Bought two tops last year that I wear almost as a uniform..time to replenish. Love the little one awaiting the fed ex man..too cute!! Enjoy your mini dresses…..

4. Lee says on March 26, 2011

Goodness- first, you are so cute!! I can't wear those short ones anymore- too old, cankles, you get the picture. I recently bought a fun pair of rainboots too- not cool like yours, but zebra striped and functional!! Enjoy all your fun goodies, here in Maine, it's so dang cold, I won't be in shorts until July. Seriously.

5. Rebecca says on March 26, 2011

I am so in love with that Michelle Mason dress! I am nursing so I can't do it right now but maybe I “need” to find some asymmetrical tops instead!

6. Kathy says on March 26, 2011

Great stuff but my favorite is seriously that picture of Wren, OMG it should be blown up poster size, what great photography you do girl!

7. LouLou@thelifeofloulou.blogspot.com says on March 26, 2011

Maybe I'll get to buy some of these things next year :) I have a favorite boutique here that you would die for. They're called Brown Eyed Girl on FB, and they show all their clothes as they come in. I'm gonna have to model some of my new finds from there. FUN. Speaking of curly bangs: I have naturally curly hair that I've fought forever. This spring I've decided to “embrace the curl”. I just let mine dry and it's done. EASY. Beyond easy. I pull it up on day 2 and sometimes day 3. Sorry I just wrote a novel here. :) Can't help myself. I love me some talk about clothes and hair.!

8. Nicole says on March 26, 2011

Hey Holly! You look lovely as usual… Love all your spring picks. Can you purchase those Joe Fresh rainboots online? I went over to their website and it doesn't seem like you can?

9. Holly and Sean says on March 26, 2011

SOOO glad I am not the only clothes horse around here ladies!!!

I will definitely check out brown eyed girl LouLou, thanks for the link!

Michelle, Wren's dress is from baby gap, and I think it just went on sale last week too!

10. Holly and Sean says on March 26, 2011

Nicole, I think they are only instore at SuperStore (here in Canada), but you may be able to track a pair down through ebay if you aren't near a store.

11. Mrs. Fitz says on March 26, 2011

I've been eyeing those rain boots for a while and I think you've sufficiently convinced me to get a pair of my superstore still has them. fingers crossed!

12. Sarah @ Stella&Gray says on March 27, 2011

1. i'm quite certain you are my style soul friend.
    2. if you wake up and those rain boots are missing…
    3. your skin tone is beyond gorg, tan is so last year…atleast that's what I tell myself…annually.

13. Krystal Wight Armstrong says on March 27, 2011

Your bangs are so cute! You always have such pretty hairstyles, and Thanks for sharing your how-to secrets on this one! Are the curly bangs a new trend, or just something you came up with? I haven't seen it anywhere else yet, but I could totally see you single-handedly starting a whole new hair trend in fashion with this one! I know I wanna try it (my hair's all too long though..no bangs yet). Oh and adorable outfits too! :)

14. Kate says on March 28, 2011

I really love that first dress you ordered and the Anthropologie skirt! How come everything I love at anthro is always full price and sold out when on sale?!