End of my Rope Dresser

paint, WhiteBerry Reinvented May 25, 2011
I am dedicating today’s post to my sis, Torri! She has been my mover/assistant for the last few weeks. Sean and I decided it was time to let the truck go (if you saw it, you know why…), as we honestly only use it once or twice a month. That’s more than most people but not enough to justify crowding our driveway and paying insurance on it. And as if the timing couldn’t be better, my sister bought her own truck! So she is the new WhiteBerry delivery girl.
And she helped me drag this sucker home a month ago. Typical, hideous 70’s style furniture. And let me tell you how HEAVY this thing is!! It seems the uglier the furniture, the heavier it is…
The old owners would probably walk right past it today, it is so unrecognizable.
These kind of drawer fronts always look dated originally, but totally fabulous once the paint is on.
A couple coats of grey paint do the trick before some distressing. I didn’t realize it until after, but I always seem to go with grey on these huge ones. Wonder what the subconcious meaning is?
In reference to the name of the dresser, Anthro knot knobs. They are probably my all time favorite knob and I will be distraught when my final 4 are used up!
Hope you do lots of this today!
Wren’s Dream garland gets some use after coming down close to 2 years ago when her armoire came home. If you are looking for something similar, this one is by Wendy Addison.

1. Miss Obara says on May 25, 2011

I LOVE this dresser. I am currently looking for one like it for my daughters room. This is exactly the look I love, and others just pass it up because the before is so dated. But, the paint makes the detail so gorgeous!! Yeah to the 70's for something!! :)

2. Lesley Litrento says on May 25, 2011

So strange. I just finished writing my blog post for tomorrow and it is about my best friend helping me with his vehicle to move a piece of furniture. I save it in order to post in the morning and go to my dashboard to see what's happening with those I follow…..and this is the first post I see!!! Friends and family who help us are invaluable. What an awesome sis you have.:)

3. Screaming Meme says on May 26, 2011

I am in love with it! It is true…the uglier the heavier…Never thought of it…lol Sometimes when I dont have help…I have to walk away from such great treasures…:(

XoXo! Meme

I am having a CHALK paint GIVEAWAY…You may need to sign up for some, after that dresser redo! lol :D

4. April@ Natural Nester says on May 26, 2011

I saw knobs similar to that at Hobby Lobby! I think you're in Canada(?) but if you make a trip south (or have friends) you might check there!

And the dresser is totally dreamy…I need to do something similar to my giant ugly dresser that I'm using as a buffet in my dining room. It's hideous. But could be lovely, I think with a beauty treatment. :)

5. Allison says on May 26, 2011

Holly, you did a gorgeous job with this dresser! What a transformation. It doesn't even look like the same piece. I love that Dream sign, too.

6. Brandy says on May 26, 2011

Hi Holly, the dresser is gorgeous! I don't know if y'all have Hobby Lobby stores up there but they have a great selection of Anthro-esque knobs and they have a very similar rope knob if you need them when you run out. I hope you have a beautiful day!
    Brandy

7. Ginger says on May 26, 2011

Love the dresser. And btw, Hobby Lobby has knobs almost identical to yours so no need to be sad!

8. Holly and Sean says on May 26, 2011

Oooh thanks for the Hobby Lobby tips guys!

Miss Obara, so true, I pretty much credit the 70's with giving me this job LOL. Almost all my client jobs are on ugly waterbed furniture.

9. KGEdgington says on May 26, 2011

I have an almost identical (and hideous) dresser like this! Wanting to paint and distress it. Any types? or a tutorial for this one??