Greetings!

Holidays, Wren June 16, 2011
We’ve been missing you guys! Thanks so much for all your kind thoughts and words for my Dad. He got a few answers at UCLA this week but the bad news is that he will most likely suffer from his condition (extreme dizziness) on and off for life. He is determined to keep tracking down answers so hopefully we will find something that will help him soon. The relaxation and family time have done us all a world of good, and Wren has been an absolute angel the entire trip.

In Santa Monica last week she ‘adopted’ this balloon chicken and it has been the best $10 I think I’ve ever spent. He is already a very worldly chicken, and squeezes a smile out of anyone who passes him. Wren has dubbed him chicken boy and I think he may be the subject of a book I’m going to write for Wren tentatively called “Me and Chicken Boy; the travel memoirs of a two year old and her fowl”.

Hangin’ in the W hotel lobby.

After our short stay in LA we made our way out to the desert where we are spending most of our days by the pool here at my parents’ house.

Wren and her grandma (aka Nanny) practicing a dance routine behind the house.

As much fun as we are having, I am eager to get back home because Sean has surprisingly made a lot of progress while we’ve been away. Not only has he got the new windows on the move, but he has had plumbers in to move all our gas lines around as well as adding an exterior line so we can get that new barbeque hooked up pre-kitchen ripout. The new gas line got him motivated and he decided to strip and repaint the deck as well and buy patio furniture (our deck has been bare for years, with all our focus being on the inside of the house) and getting a Rhino bag set up for all the old cabinets and tiles to be easily trashed.

What a guy!!

And if anyone knows where to track down a replacement chicken back in Edmonton, PLEASE let me know!! This one is on his last leg and it will be a sad sad day indeed when he doesn’t board the plane on Saturday.

1. living eventfully says on June 16, 2011

If the chicken is just a helium balloon you can usually let the air out of it by poking a chop stick up the air hole. Then you can refill it when you get home!

2. Holly and Sean says on June 16, 2011

Good tip on the chop stick! Unfortunately both his feet have been ripped and reattached at least 10 times LOL.

THANKS so much Nicole!!! It took Wren a few minutes to decide which one she wanted because they are all so cute. The dogs are so adorable in person, i was surprised she didn't choose one of those.

3. The enchanted home says on June 16, 2011

Wren it totally adorable..what a smile and looks like a little trooper! Good luck with your Dad, maybe who knows it might go away on its own completely. Happened to my aunt a few years ago, she underwent all this extensive testing it was inconclusive they said it could happen off and on forever and lo and behold its been 2 years and nothing. She did modify some of her diet but isnt' complaining!!Stop by, last day to be eligible for my Kilim bench!

4. eternalicons says on June 17, 2011

Hi, always enjoy your posts. Was intreiged with your Dad's dizziness. My husband was sick (read bed-ridden) for three years due to severe dizziness. He was eventually diagnosed with Menieres disease, for which there is no cure. After another few years of learning, trialing and experimenting we have found a medicine that lets him work and be well most of the time. Tell your Dad to hang in there and push for answers.
    Cheers,
    KL

5. Grace says on June 17, 2011

love your blog – just wanted to say that i had the same problem as your dad and it turns out it was lyme disease – i tested negative and found a lyme specialist and she treated me for lyme and it worked – if you want any additional details just message me – good luck

6. Carol-Anne (Use the Good Dishes!) says on June 17, 2011

I, too, have Menieres disease and it's just awful when I have 'episodes'. But it does get better and it doesn't happen all the time. Also, there's this weird thing where you tip your head back and shake it vigorously, which sounds insane, I know. But it works….anyway, if you'd actually like a proper explanation about this crazy sounding treatment…email me. ca.powell@rogers.com. Best of luck.

7. Audra says on June 17, 2011

Glad your dad is finding answers.
    My son also had a balloon pet-a dog. He loved it! You found a steal…ours was $15!

8. barbara@hodge:podge says on June 18, 2011

Weird, my mom is suffering from the same thing. No one seems to know what it is. She gets an MRI next week. Hmmm..

Walking balloon chicken – too funny!

9. Haley Murray says on June 20, 2011

That chicken cracked me up, how adorable! Love your blog, it is a huge source of inspiration for me. I'm just now jumping into the blog world, I hope you'll check out my first posts at adashofkennedy.blogspot.com