Diva Dog

Wren August 11, 2011
Remember when you were a teenager and would spend hours playing with make up, drawing on inanimate objects (occassionally even body parts) and playing in front of the mirror assembling various outfits from the same 10 items of clothing? It probably had a lot to do with just being a teenager, but I think it also had to do with being bored. And we have been all kinds of bored the last few weeks.

Don’t get me wrong, things are busy! But they are kind of boring too. Mainly because Wren and I have 2 choices when we wake up each day: 1. go outside or 2. hang out upstairs. And when you are confined to the same 2 or 3 rooms they start to feel awfully small and my bag of tricks runs dry by about noon most days.

It’s been said that 2 year olds are much like teenagers (or maybe it’s the other way around), and I couldn’t agree more. Each day Wren plays dress up with her favorite 3 or 4 dresses, does her ‘make up’ (her routine consists of lip chap and combing her eyebrows with an old mascara wand I’ve cleaned for her, and once when I wasn’t looking a nice eye liner drawing of a heart on her forehead) but by 1 o’clock she is usually looking for a few more thrills.

Which is where our angel of a dog, Mungkee, has been very helpful. He submits to hair combings, wardrobe changes and make up applications like the old pro he is. And while he was a good sport for an hour or so…

Like most boys he decided he’d had enough and headed for cover… no matter how hard she pulled that tail. And after being paraded around in a tutu for one afternoon he has made it clear it was a one time only event.

It’s true, our former tomboy-turned-girly girl has taken our diva-show dog and turned him into a regular old pooch!

1. Sush says on August 11, 2011

Just too precious that Wren is! She's going to have such happy memories of time spent with her pup! Life in the Fun Lane for REAL!

Hugs~

2. Aarthi Devanathan says on August 11, 2011

D'awww. When I was a kid, I'd wrap sheets around me and insist that I was getting married. My mother would tie ribbons in my hair and hand me the bouquet of plastic flowers from the mantle.

3. Alison says on August 11, 2011

That's funny. Your puppy is a good sport. My youngest has been going through the same girly phase this summer and her dress of choice is actually the same one that Wren is wearing. Hopefully it stays nice outside so you still have the outside as an option.

4. Rose says on August 11, 2011

Muito engra├žada a cadelinha com frufru rosa…Olh a a carinha sapeca da sua filhinha…srsrsrsrr

5. SShaw says on August 11, 2011

Ugh. The tail-pulling makes me cringe. Please stop her from hurting the dog next time instead of snapping pics of it.

6. KL says on August 12, 2011

OMG! Love it! Wren is too cute! What a good doggie too! Enjoy – they grow up so very fast!
    KL