I’m back from outer space

Uncategorized February 23, 2012
When I say I have been sucked into a whirl wind I am almost serious. It all began nearly two weeks ago when we were heading up to bed one evening and after handing our beloved MungKee a piece of cheese he started choking (or so we thought), stopped breathing and about 2 minutes after the ordeal began, all while Sean and I were performing CPR (ok, Sean was and I was hysterically freaking out) we declared him dead. Hardly able to see or function through our grief he gave a small twitch a minute or two later and we started back up with the CPR, frantically trying our best to bring him back.
More than luck was on our side that night and our little fighter eventually came around again. We later learned that while he may have choked slightly on small piece of cheese, what he mostly suffered was actually a seizure followed by either a heart attack or something like it. I am about to take him in to the vet again for more follow up but without an MRI all the testing has concluded that it was most likely exposure to some sort of toxin (they determined this through elevated enzyme levels in his blood). We are hopeful that it isn’t something terminal like a brain tumor or pancreatis, but as of now we are just monitoring him and giving him a LOT OF LOVE. To say it put our busy lives in perspective is the understatement of the year!
So I am sorry to leave you all hanging on our last Paint Perfection class, but duty called and I had to answer.
You may remember a post I did back in November about following our dreams and living life to it’s fullest. It is my goal for 2012 to make some of my biggest ambitions a reality. I didn’t go too far into detail and I am not entirely ready to disclose the specifics but after our reality check with MungKee I put myself into full throttle to make this reality real! Let’s just say that my makeovers are going to a whole new level, and there promises to be some good blog content in the coming months~
I think I have life back under control and stabilized again, so I am excited to be back In the Fun Lane!

1. Izzy says on February 24, 2012

Wow…I do hope the little guy is better soon. I'm very excited about what you have coming up in the next few months. I re-read your last post and it definately brightened my day.

2. Izzy says on February 24, 2012

I hope the little doggie feels better soon. I'm excited for what you have coming up in the next few months. I re-read your other post and it got me motivated too. Thanks :)

3. Caroline says on February 24, 2012

I'm so happy that your little MungKee is back on the mend. I know our two doggies are such an integral part of our family that I really feel for anyone who goes through such a scare. Sending lots of cuddles and happy thoughts his way!

4. Lindsey says on February 24, 2012

omg holly, that must have been terrifying! I'm glad he is ok and I hope he is with you much much longer!

As a fellow Edmontonian and one of your clients (you painted our bathroom vanity about 6 monthes ago) I always look forward to your upcoming posts!

5. kat says on February 24, 2012

Oh, how terrifying! I'm glad MungKee pulled through. I'm praying for the little guy and sending big hugs to you!

6. 28years says on February 25, 2012

Ooh, so glad to hear the pup is still with you – hope things turn out okay. And VERY excited to see what you have in store for us :)

7. The Captain's Daughter says on February 25, 2012

I am so sorry to hear that your absence wasn't for a better reason – but clearly, you have your priorities in order!

I'm eager to read more about your new adventures.

Always my best,

Janet
    xo

8. carli says on February 27, 2012

SO sorry to hear about your puppy Holly! Relieved to hear that he is doing ok though. Sending my thoughts and prayers!

9. Melodie says on February 28, 2012

What a scary experience. My sister lost her beloved pup a few weeks ago after he suffered a seizure that let to an aneurysm. It was very traumatic. I am glad that your little pup is better :)