Bed Head

beauty, Wren August 23, 2012

It’s at that point in the Summer when even the novelty of being flushed and golden after a day at the pool is getting old. I no longer wake up excited to throw on my denim cut offs, instead I long for the variety of boots and jeans in my daily wardrobe choices.

Yet, I’m not ready for Summer to be over! I just want and need a little change of pace or a break in this heat (which I hear is headed my way… watch me eat these words). But I will admit defeat in the hair department for the remainder of this heat. What did people with long hair do before messy top knots were acceptable?

For me, the messier the better. Being a busy mom this usually happens naturally for me by about 9am and only gets progressively crazier as the day progresses.

Unfortunately, my love of messy hair has been passed on to Wren who is in a stage where she rarely lets me do anything with her hair. Admittedly she doesn’t have enough of it to be concerned about this, but she is starting her first year of play school in just a few weeks and I am a little concerned over how we’ll handle the hair situation. I am hoping that seeing other kids with actual combed, detangled hair will light a fire under her.

Let it never be said she isn’t an independent thinker!
{ divas in striped dresses with bows… and messy hair }

1. Kelly says on August 23, 2012

I hear ya. I also live in Edmonton and am so done with the +30…but am not ready for fall yet. At least you don't have super curly hair. I have been looking very much like Monica from Friends for the past couple of days. Add that in with the teeny tiny hairs that are growing back around my hairline from after having a baby and there is no hope. I do hear that cooler weather is heading our way….

2. Cheryl@Shield says on August 23, 2012

I have been alternating between a top knot, side bun and classic low bun. You know, to keep it interesting.
    I am also ready for the boots, sweaters and being able to get 3 days out of my styled hair!

3. Marsha says on August 23, 2012

good luck with getting the little one to have her hair brushed. My daughter is almost 5 years old and still prefers the messy look and she never wants it up. I say she's cute in her own little way.

4. dogwalker says on August 24, 2012

Can you do a video on messy buns. I think I try to hard. My hair is long and very straight and just cannot get that bun tied right.
    Thanks.

5. Holly and Sean says on August 26, 2012

Dogwalker, I really suck at them too! I generally grab all my hair in one handful and then wrap the elastic band around it, not too tightly. You can pull out or tuck in sections as needed this way, whereas a real bun would be too structured and tight.

Hope that helps!!

6. Lauren says on August 28, 2012

Holly, love both of your dresses– mind my asking where they are from? Its funny, I just chopped off 10 inches because I wore my hear in the same knot every day, and I just couldn't take the headaches from it. So know, I am embracing my bob ;-)