Things that make me happy

things that make me happy October 31, 2012

We have been so very very busy lately! over the past few weeks we’ve had our anniversary, some extended family flew out for a visit which meant wonderful, nightly family gatherings, ParkView is still going strong and I was the Duty Parent last week at Wren’s co-op play school. Plus, I’m not gonna lie, I’ve been dreading getting on my computer lately because I know it is on it’s last leg and I am sure it is just going to give in, most likely when I’m half way through a blog post. So I better be proactive and start looking around before catastrophe forces my hand.
I have so much I am looking forward to blogging, because even when my blog is dormant, my camera is not!

But for today, let’s talk about why I’m smiling by summing up the things that are making me happy.
Even on my busiest days I remember that it truly is

{ garden greenery is long gone, but sparse berries on a bare branch add simple texture to a coffee table }

{ melty, saucy dinners }
SOOOO happy to have the slow cooker working on my behalf now that fall is here.
 { Ikea, I still love you }
We had a love/hate thing going on at Lexington, but their ‘20% back in gift cards’ kitchen promo this month pushed the dial toward the LOVE end of the spectrum. I’ll be putting the $1200 I got back into the bathroom cabinetry or laundry room cabinets.
{ red}
I am not a ‘red’ person, decor wise, but lately I’ve been loving red and white. I know it will probably be a Fall/Winter love affair so I am accessorizing with the color using fruit, flowers, coffee table books and maybe I’ll work up to a couple pillows. Nothing permanent, but enough to get my fix.

{ Halloween }
We had an adorable party today at Wren’s school. Pinterest is definitely stepping up parties compared to when I was little!! Juice boxes wrapped as mummies and ghosts, hand sewn goodie bags, it was insanely creative . And the kids were cute as buttons.
Cue the orange and black outfit because I’m not dressing up this year.
{ Wren’s Halloween Candy }
Cause I am totally sneaking some!!

{ snow }
It is WAYYYY too early (can’t it wait until Halloween is at least over?) but it has got us feeling all cozy and homey lately. We spent the entire weekend playing board games in front of the fire place and that has to be one of the most relaxing, happy ways to spend a night.
Happy Fall Friend.

1. { L } says on October 31, 2012

What a cutie your daughter is. It looks like she dresses herself. I love that! Please tell her your reader thinks she has fabulous style!

2. Jenski says on November 1, 2012

Wonderful photos, and sounds like some fun times. Maybe a few spots of red will make it into your Christmas decor this year? :-)

3. Holly and Sean says on November 1, 2012

{L}, thank you! I will pass it on. She always has been very independent and I learned fast it is easiest and best to let her be creative with her outfits.

Hi Cheryl! Hope you guys had a good Halloween!

Jenski, I think I might make the jump this year. I think a strictly white and red christmas would be awfully fun.

Carol-Anne, thank you so much. That is a huge compliment (specially because I don't think I'm a great writer LoL)

Hi Candi! She puts that same smile on my face

4. Haley {Acres and Richmond} says on November 1, 2012

I always love these posts and have been missing you around the blogosphere! I recently started a new blog with my sister acresandrichmond.blogspot.com! Have a good weekend!! Can't wait to see what you have done with ParkView!

5. Christina says on November 1, 2012

What lovely photos to start November! And I just love how both looking at Wren and seeing her name instantly relaxes me. What a perfectly fit name.

6. Erin says on November 1, 2012

Hey Holly!

I love to see the first snow, even if it IS a bit early. I can just sense the coziness from the photo of sweet Wren.

Hope you guys are well.