One man’s glass is another woman’s treasure

Finds, Kitchen January 10, 2013
Sometimes you realize that you were missing something only after you find it. That was the case for me when I saw this lamp.

I first locked eyes with this beauty at the electronics table at goodwill. I liked the lines, LOVED the glass base but was only partially sold on the shade. It felt like a good fit for the little touches of modern I’ve been trying to add to off set all our treasures. Oh yeah, and it was $4.99.

Worth a chance, but definitely in need of some heavy degreasing.
YUCK.

Once I got her all pretty and new-like I temporarily set it on our ‘catch all’ counter. And wouldn’t cha know, it just felt right! I didn’t want to move it. My only switcheroo was to add a little marble cheese round I had to just keep it slightly off the counter. Which may or may not stay, but for now I am digging the whole set up. The best part? I found either the same version or a very close one at Crate and Barrel with a price tag over $300!

And that’s how easy it is to stay hooked on thrifting guys. It really is a sickness!

As evening rolled in I loved her even more.

I think lamps in the kitchen are my absolute favoritest new thing!

Do you have a lamp in your kitchen or are you part of the no-cooking-near-lighting-club?

1. michele says on January 10, 2013

oooooh, i want one now!

when you have a moment, we'd love to have you stop by to say hi!

smiles to you.

michele
    hello lovely inc.

2. Laurie says on January 10, 2013

Love that find. I am digging the whole lamps in the kitchen look that is going on now. But alas, no room for one :(

3. jessica says on January 10, 2013

Wow, that is a beautiful find!! I used to have a lamp in my previous kitchen. I have been thinking about doing one again…they look wonderful!

4. kelly g says on January 10, 2013

SO pretty! Can't believe the price too. Question- where is your silver cake stand and dome from? I've wanted to get one just like it for the longest time now.

Thanks!

5. Holly and Sean says on January 10, 2013

Kelly, the stand came from a garage sale, I just added my own glass dome. I believe they are pretty common though because they come from bakeries and grocery stores. Maybe try searxhifng eBay or online for 'commercial cake stand ' or some variation of that ;)

6. Lemonade Makin' Mama says on January 10, 2013

I love it! I have to say that my little boy broke a lamp yesterday morning and I was debating for a very long time between a glass lamp at Target that looked almost identical to this one (I hadn't seen your post yet!) but ended up grabbing a wooden one. Alas, life with a boy… wood lamps don't break. Ha! Such a cute idea for a kitchen lamp. I think my counters might be too low… Hmm. Have to check that!

7. Marilyn says on January 10, 2013

Many years ago, I went to a home of a friend and her house was “decorated” so beautifully and she had a lamp in the kitchen. I said one day I am going to have a lamp in the kitchen.3 houses later, I finally have the right space for it. Love your find thrifty find.

8. Terry Moore says on January 10, 2013

I too have a lamp in my kitchen because I like the soft lighting it has in the evenings when walking through the space. Lucky you to find it for such a great price. I think I would have had to fight you for it!

9. Soul Pretty says on January 11, 2013

I agree…thrifting is so addictive…you never know what you're going to find…If I don't thrift at least once or twice a week…I feel like I'm gonna miss something…Like that $4.00 lamp you just…SCORED!

10. Tricia says on January 11, 2013

I am all about lamps in the kitchen, and entry, and library, and bedrooms, and living room, and kid's rooms…..love them! Your find is a treasure!

11. {Jordan Anne} says on January 11, 2013

We've had a lamp in our kitchen for years, as did my Mom. In the evening, a lamp on in a clean kitchen was always comforting at the end of a long day.. and I still love it now.

12. Martha Carmona says on January 12, 2013

OH Yes I am definitly a Kitchen Lamp Lady for sure!! Have been for many years really. They're just so fun! I light my at night for a pretty ambiance.

13. Michelle Helsel says on January 13, 2013

What a great find. I love glass lamps. I currently have three and one sits on my kitchen counter. Yours looks perfect where you placed it and love the cheese round

14. Hi I'm Amanda says on January 17, 2013

Love the lamp!!!! I used to sell Home Interiors and it looks like the one we used to sell from the Better Homes and Garden line. They were $60.00 new if I remember correctly. It was at least 8 years ago. And I always have a lamp in my kitchen!