Friday

friday March 1, 2013
Toughest week of the year so far, hands down.
But I prefer to throw my hands up, because what can you do really but make the best of it.
 photo _MG_4050_zpsd7e75335.jpg

We left the house yesterday for the first time this week to do a post office run and send all of my beloved blankets on to their new homes. Thank you so much for all the love, you have no idea how you helped keep me hanging on. Assembling boxes, folding and packing blankets was the most fun I’ve had in many days and the perfect mindless distraction for a sleep deprived momma. Not everyone’s idea of fun, but I am loving it.

The other good news is that I’ve run up and down our staircase over 150 times in 3 days. Not quite buns of steel, but a good workout nonetheless! Wren stayed holed up in our bed for the fourth straight day with her pack of dogs and I have been playing nurse/housekeeper/chef to all four of these cuties.

photo _MG_4257_zps03eab375.jpg

Everyone looks forward to Fridays, and this week I am doubling down on that because the pack of dogs is dispersing and I think we are finally near the end of this cold/flu/hell. Amen!

Happy Weekend!

1. Lemonade Makin' Mama says on March 1, 2013

Oh girl… illness just sucks. We had our share of it from Christmas break until about last week. I think we are FINALLY done too. There was at least one person sick every day during that time. So glad you have a light at the end of the tunnel!!

2. bagfashionista says on March 1, 2013

aw, hope that wren gets much, much better soon!! Although — thinking about it…being able to stay in bed all day doesn't really sound too bad to me right now!! as long as there's someone doing the fetching and carrying!

3. Krystal Wight Armstrong says on March 2, 2013

I don't think I can take the adorable sweetness of this last photo! And what a perfect nest you've made for her there. I'd certainly feel better if I was sick but got to live there with a pack of pups for a few days!

4. Giggles says on March 2, 2013

You really need to have this photo put on a huge canvas for one of your walls…..absolutely gorgeous!!

Definitely a picture is worth a thousand words moment! Sorry it was such a tough week!!

Hugs Giggles

5. shawnee23 says on March 2, 2013

My three little ones have also been battling the flu all week…I feel your pain! I have a question I was hoping you could help with…I am trying to find the tile you used in the Lexington kitchen in the herringbone pattern. You mentioned it was from Lowes and I cant figure out which one it is on the website. Do you happen to know the exact name? And which grout color you used? I just love it so much and want to get it right! Any info. would be so appreciated! Hope your sweet little one feels like herself again!

6. Holly and Sean says on March 5, 2013

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!

Shawnee, I don't see an email in your profile so I hope you see this! I bought the tiles at a Canadian Lowe's so I am not sure if they carry the same tiles, but if you want to search Lexinton Kitchen in my search bar there are a couple posts with good close ups of the tile!! The tile was 2 ft wide by 1 ft long and was a dark dark grey. The grout I used was about 2 shades lighter, but also grey so dirt and wear over time wouldn't be too stark next to the tiles.
    Hope that helps!