Neon vs. Pastel

inspiration January 7, 2014
I have been lacking in the inspiration department, in part from all the holiday craziness. I’ve been feeling so torn between pastel and neon hints of color in otherwise white spaces. Here are the current ideas that have my heart singing, and unfortunately it leaves me no closer to being team pastel or team neon!

via

So where do you stand on the pastel/neon debate?

1. Julie says on January 7, 2014

to be honest, I love the idea of the two together, as wonky as that may seem! looove the daily dream decor photo, absolutely gorgeous!

2. Freckles Chick says on January 7, 2014

Team pastel all the way. I'm an '80s kid so neon brings back mixed feelings about perms & scrunchies.

And team white walls! You did them WAY before the rest of blogland, Pinterest, etc caught on, amIright?!? ;-)

3. Jessica M says on January 7, 2014

I'm no help because I love the combo of both in one space! For me, neon is too much on it's own and all pastel makes me want to gag, but the combo of them both is perfection!

4. KL eternalicons says on January 8, 2014

I think the neon has had its day. Pastels are now more 'in'. I've never been a trend follower though….pale baby pink and gold in a white interior are my current faves! X kl

5. Jen Kershner says on January 8, 2014

Well, I am definitely team pastel. Maybe that's because I already lived through the neon craze of the 80's and I never could jump on that bandwagon this time. I'm hoping to see less of that and more pastel in the Spring lines. Also? That first picture? Major swoon.

6. Melissa says on January 8, 2014

I feel that pastels are timeless, while neons are a fad that come and go. Mixing a few neons in small doses with timeless colours is prob the most I could commit!

7. Maria at inredningsvis says on January 8, 2014

It all looks AMAZING :) I hope you had a lovely Christmas holiday.

Check out my new post…Cute Swedish Curtain inspiration :)

Have a fab day.

LOVE Maria at inredningsvis – Swedish decor, food, and fashion

8. Rita says on January 10, 2014

I love pastels! My girls do however have a few neon pieces in their wardrobe. Neon does remind me of my New Kids on the Block era:)